COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few articles on this back in february. I'll dig them out when I'm feeling a bit better tomorrow.
Basically PHE sets the scientific rules and NICE and other NHS bodies delivers the guidence. NICE or the other bodies are in no way flexible so "could" advice is interpreted as "shouldn't" or "won't". It's the way monothic bureaucracy works.

I look forward to reading them. As I say, the scientific docs I’ve seen so far that the Gov’t have relied on haven’t come from NHS management although I’ll be interested to see more.

A few points from the ONS for the week ending 3 April:
  • Of the deaths registered in Week 14, 3,475 mentioned “novel coronavirus (COVID-19)”, which was 21.2% of all deaths; this compares with 539 (4.8% of all deaths) in Week 13.

• In London, nearly half (46.6%) of deaths registered in Week 14 involved COVID-19; the West Midlands also had a high proportion of COVID-19 deaths, accounting for 22.1% of deaths registered in this region.

• Of deaths involving COVID-19 registered up to Week 14, 90.2% (3,716 deaths) occurred in hospital, with the remainder occurring in hospices, care homes and private homes

Do all viruses happen in "waves"?
Genuine question.
Epidemics do yes.
The number of new cases increases logrithmicly till the virus can no longer infect new hosts when it starts to collapse again forming a lovely (log-)bionomial distribution in each location. Only when a new population becomes available to the virus does it spread again.

Doing the food bank run today at work ....just passed a couple towing a caravan behind their car ! Racking my brains as to what trip is essential that you need your caravan for ?
I am struggling to answer that. Benefit of the doubt, the caravan is full of food for the food banks. The likely answer is the more obviuos one.

Do all viruses happen in "waves"?
Genuine question.
Providing the virus is new to the population the answer is yes because the number of new infections at some time t is a function of the number infected at time 0. Hence the more infections you have the faster it finds news hosts.....until immunity starts to kick in.

Doing the food bank run today at work ....just passed a couple towing a caravan behind their car ! Racking my brains as to what trip is essential that you need your caravan for ?
They might live in the caravan and have been moved in from where they were situated (just trying to play devil’s advocate; they’re probably just cunts off on a holiday)

They might live in the caravan and have been moved in from where they were situated (just trying to play devil’s advocate; they’re probably just cunts off on a holiday)

If they were people who live in a caravan they would be towing with a white transit or a big white pickup truck ;)

They looked like 'normal' caravaners lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.