COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a text off my sister this morning. She's a psychiatric nurse and they've had more patients on their ward with Covid-19 than any other in that trust. 12 in all, the oldest being 90. Have a guess how many have survived

It’s difficult to see what will happen with us.

Spain and Italy actually had a lockdown, whereas we haven’t.

I think our peak may last longer than theirs because of this and we will have to be in this partial lockdown for longer than they were/are in their forms.
Yeah I'd agree with that.

However, it may be a little more subtle. The reality is the vast majority of the population have been taking this very seriously and staying in, and working from home wherever possible. So I do think we will peak quite soon as a result and then start to see the daily death count decline.

Where I think we will differ from e.g. Italy and Spain is that I think we have had a higher residual level of ongoing contact and spread through those still working and the few idiots not taking it seriously. So I think our peak will have a much longer "tail" and will take longer to die down.

We'll see, but that's what I am expecting.

Had a text off my sister this morning. She's a psychiatric nurse and they've had more patients on their ward with Covid-19 than any other in that trust. 12 in all, the oldest being 90. Have a guess how many have survived
>/= 0 but < 12

Some result if that was the case!

At least your answer is more optimistic than Rammy's ;) The answer is all 12. 2 of the 12 are still in self-isolation so not completely out of the woods yet, but barring a downturn they're due out of SI on Thursday. I just thought it was a good news story worth sharing amongst all the negative stuff.

About the same number who were singing in the ground vs Wolves at home

Some result if that was the case!

At least your answer is more optimistic than Rammy's ;) The answer is all 12. 2 of the 12 are still in self-isolation so not completely out of the woods yet, but barring a downturn they're due out of SI on Thursday. I just thought it was a good news story worth sharing amongst all the negative stuff.
Do you know if the others have tested positive ? Or are they precautionary isolations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.