COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not really followed this, so forgive me if it's a dumb question...

But are we testing everyone who dies in the UK? I didn't think we were? And if we are not, then we cannot possibly record all the COVID-19 deaths can we? I mean "Mrs Jones has been ill for some time and lately developed a bit of a cough and has sadly passed. So we'll put her down as another COVID-19 death" doesn't really cut it.
If she showed symptoms of the Covid then she's certified as Covid related or words to that effect. That's it. There's no grey area.

For anyone looking for the data it's here

deaths in care homes (England) increased by about 1200 over the previous week, however only 187 of those were classed as COVID related?

week 13 - 2352
week 14 - 3593

The totals are all there so no hiding data but the attribution to covid does look suspect at first glance.
Not if you factor in that it's only recently begun to get into care homes. I'd imagine there will be a vast jump in the next few weeks.

Would they test you for COVID though if you died in them circumstances? I thought they only test for COVID if the body shows signs of it?

I think they record it if you showed symptoms before you died . My mates dad died in a care home had everything you can think of dementia , heart condition nearly 90 in the end he was down as a covid death as showed symptoms

if you recall the poor young girl who died early on 13 (?) was said to die of covid even though she had heart failure , on the basis she had a cough before her death ( that may have been overturned though )

The main point is there are many of people being recorded as covid deaths when they had very serious long term conditions and unfortunately this just sadly finishes them off

it’s the underlying health condition category when they report the deaths so it is categorised as such in reality but it still counts in our raw death data

I live in Crook, Co Durham, a small x mining town. Took my mother to a hospital appointment today. In the town center there were literally hundreds milling about and sitting on the benches. One of the Barbers was even open. They must think they are all immune. Very worried as just heard on our local news that our post code has the highest rate of infection in the North East. When I came back from the hospital I started filming them to send to the local news when a guy of about 60 told me he would give me a good kicking if i did not stop.

If she showed symptoms of the Covid then she's certified as Covid related or words to that effect. That's it. There's no grey area.
So anyone with a cough and/or a temperature, i.e. including anyone with a severe cold or flu gets registered as COVID-19 even if they didn't have it?

This little girl was self isolating in 1953 at The Queens coronation party, because she had measles.

04QPhptu.jpg

That’s what they told her

Cravendale, mate. Look it up.

That's the milk we have been buying - four pinter lasts seven days once opened or three weeks not.

Kids need their cereal every day and only need to pick up two bottles to ensure all those unnecessary trips you rightly state.
I do wish people would stop bigging up Cravendale milk, we've used it for years simply because we prefer the taste. Thanks to their new advertising campaign and posts like yours it's becoming increasingly difficult to find :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.