COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 744 people with coronavirus have died in hospitals across England, taking the country's total to 11,005.

The latest deaths related to COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, were announced by NHS England.

Earlier, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced that there had been another 40 deaths in hospitals in Scotland

Public Health Wales confirmed another 19 deaths, while Northern Ireland announced another 10

News channels

For anyone looking for the data it's here

deaths in care homes (England) increased by about 1200 over the previous week, however only 187 of those were classed as COVID related?

week 13 - 2352
week 14 - 3593

The totals are all there so no hiding data but the attribution to covid does look suspect at first glance.
I suspect that this is due to not as many older people dying in hospital from non COVID-19 causes. You now have to have a good chance of survival to be admitted in to hospital.
My daughter is a care of the elderly registrar and she has noticed this facet over the last 3 weeks.

Another 744 people with coronavirus have died in hospitals across England, taking the country's total to 11,005.

The latest deaths related to COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, were announced by NHS England.

Earlier, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced that there had been another 40 deaths in hospitals in Scotland

Public Health Wales confirmed another 19 deaths, while Northern Ireland announced another 10

News channels

Aside from the care home discussion, that's the second day in a row that the number of deaths has been lower than announced the previous few days. I'm guessing we should urge caution though if we think we've hit the peak because going off the past couple of weeks, the figures tend to be lower at the start of the week and that has possibly extended into today because of the bank holiday.

All that graph tells me is that thousands more people than normal are currently dying in this country due to some global pandemic thingy I think I heard about on the news and read about on here.
Is that the thing people drinking Mexican beer get. Heard something about that.

Aside from the care home discussion, that's the second day in a row that the number of deaths has been lower than announced the previous few days. I'm guessing we should urge caution though if we think we've hit the peak because going off the past couple of weeks, the figures tend to be lower at the start of the week and that has possibly extended into today because of the bank holiday.
I would say it won't be till thursday/fri before we are caught up with the easter numbers,if the numbers are better next week i would be cautiously opomistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.