COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that this is due to not as many older people dying in hospital from non COVID-19 causes. You now have to have a good chance of survival to be admitted in to hospital.
My daughter is a care of the elderly registrar and she has noticed this facet over the last 3 weeks.
I suppose that makes a change from being told as I was that my mother would not be kept alive if she had a heart attack as was expected.

Belgium include all. As far as I can make out Scotland do too. They giving broken down figures later this week. Wasn’t 100% whether these are on top of , or the daily figure broken down. I think though since April 2nd the daily figure is a combined one and this will be broken down. We’ll see when we get the figures I suppose.
Scotland are now reporting additional deaths 2 days behind hospital deaths, So some of Scotlands daily figure happened when a death was registered that isn't in their hospital figures. They do list them separately in their daily figures.

Last edited:
Scotland are now reporting additional deaths 2 days behind hospital deaths
Yes, but up to now they have been announced as just a single daily figure later in the week they are going to produce the breakdown of hospital, care home, and home numbers.

I would say it won't be till thursday/fri before we are caught up with the easter numbers,if the numbers are better next week i would be cautiously opomistic
Tomorrow will be the spike in deaths from the 4 day weekend - and they may top a thousand. Though I'm very much hoping they doesnt.

This whole thing is so depressing,make it stop now
This morning on BBC Breakfast I heard a distressing account from a daughter of her Mum, 58, who caught this a couple of weeks ago. For a week or so she was OK, at home, with essentially flu-like symptoms. She even started to feel better and was up and about. Then she was very tired one day and decided to stay in bed. Next day, ambulance. 5 days later, dead. And her daughter didn't even get to see her Mum after she was taken in.

Absolutely horrific and really quite frightening. I am also 58 and hardly a model of fitness and health (and male, which statistically is worse). I watched the program thinking "I absolutely MUST NOT catch this, or I could die".

This morning on BBC Breakfast I heard a distressing account from a daughter of her Mum, 58, who caught this a couple of weeks ago. For a week or so she was OK, at home, with essentially flu-like symptoms. She even started to feel better and was up and about. Then she was very tired one day and decided to stay in bed. Next day, ambulance. 5 days later, dead. And her daughter didn't even get to see her Mum after she was taken in.

Absolutely horrific and really quite frightening. I am also 58 and hardly a model of fitness and health (and male, which statistically is worse). I watched the program thinking "I absolutely MUST NOT catch this, or I could die".
Her case is typical in the way the serious cases go that end in death ,you feel a bit better in the middle then go on to crash,all you can do stick to rules and remember most people who get this are NOT dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.