COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are overlooking the fact that almost all cases don't get tested.

So while the number of confirmed cases may be 80,000, the number of people infected will be in the millions - 10 million if the Germans' first random testing results are correct.

Yes, that makes sense.

I haven't seen the German numbers, but it seems unlikely to me that our infection is at that level at the moment. At that point, I'd think that herd immunity would kick in inside 6 months (about 8M for an equivalent UK percentage?).

Yes, that makes sense.

I haven't seen the German numbers, but it seems unlikely to me that our infection is at that level at the moment. At that point, I'd think that herd immunity would kick in inside 6 months (about 8M for an equivalent UK percentage?).
No, it makes no sense.

The way the virus has spread, with the initial cases, becoming clusters, and then more clusters and then finally widespread distribution, is not consistent with the idea that 8m people have had it already.

Data on hospital and care home aquired infection ? (catching it in either place) take them seriously,good infection controls going into this in hosps,we are getting infections,seperating covid from others,staff have well established protacols for cross infection,no number available yet

Daily briefing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.