COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t forget we didn’t go to Bergamo, we played in Milan but obviously the Bergamese were a the game and Milan is in Lombardy.

But yes, interesting, that. It’s intriguing that they don’t know what was causing the “strange” pneumonia. Surely any survivors could confirm what symptoms they had before they got pneumonia?

We flew into bergamo

Fucking shameful embarrassing complete wankers we have some of in Manchester, interrupting the live report on Granada News outside the new Nightingale Hospital at GMex as they were talking about it taking in its first patients today.

Utter cunts

I just watched that in disbelief. There are some people in this world who really just need a bullet in the head and thrown into a bin and not another thought given to the fact they even existed.

May also depend where we go with vaccination. With the flu we vaccinate the vulnerable but let the rest of the population just get the flu. With this I wonder if we will try for a much wider vaccination programme to prevent any spread.
I think I'm right in saying the flu one needs repeating every year because we get different strains which they have to try and predict.
Whereas the pneumonia one lasts 5 years. We don’t know yet how this vaccine will work.
I find the whole immunity and vaccine questions very interesting,i am looking foward to learning about that as we go along

I just watched that in disbelief. There are some people in this world who really just need a bullet in the head and thrown into a bin and not another thought given to the fact they even existed.
Felt for the reporter, he did well to keep calm. Think I’d have lost the plot and smacked one of them.

There'll be some interesting questions for the NHS in the coming months. For example, how much capacity and extra capacity was used, and how many people were transferred, or not, from care homes to hospital who might otherwise have been saved? Were people allowed to die who might have been saved, but the country was paralyzed by fear that the NHS would collapse? These questions will be painful, especially for those grieving, but they need to be researched and answered, quickly, if we anticipate a second wave; that knowledge could lead to more people being saved.
Think it would be more of a question for the care homes and their doctors. Doubt any hospital has refused to take care home residents because at this stage we have a lot of capacity and have no need to.
A lot of these people in care homes would be very frail though and decisions could have been made they were too frail for a ventilator and kept in familiar surroundings rather than the intense stress ventilation causes. I don’t know though it will all come out later.

No, it makes no sense.

The way the virus has spread, with the initial cases, becoming clusters, and then more clusters and then finally widespread distribution, is not consistent with the idea that 8m people have had it already.

No, clusters stop happening as soon as there's sustained localised transmission. Clusters are a very early stage thing. As soon as someone from that cluster gets on a tube carriage and infects half of it, it stops being about clusters.

8m people is about what I'd expect, 10 million puts us at the German preliminary figure of 15% and we locked down later than them.

It’s got legs and kept running and running

22 days after that article was posted there's been no follow up, no one has echoed the sentiments that it was in Bergamo in November.

Also, you didn't get it in Bergamo. Do you know how we know? Because if you and your mates got covid-19 in Bergamo in November, there'd have been 10,000 dead Britons by Christmas.

All these little "ooh I got sick in flu season months before the pandemic, I must have had it" stories are so infuriating because they ignore every single thing we know about coronavirus.

Last edited:
No, clusters stop happening as soon as there's sustained localised transmission. Clusters are a very early stage thing. As soon as someone from that cluster gets on a tube carriage and infects half of it, it stops being about clusters.

Exactly. And we know when it stopped being about clusters, and therefore...

8m people is about what I'd expect, 10 million puts us at the German preliminary figure of 15% and we locked down later than them.
The figure used early on of 1 death being about 1000 cases gives similar figures. Don’t know how they came up with the ratio though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.