COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I’d guess that we are on the correct path, for the simple reason that until there is a vaccine then COVID is just going to keep on coming in spikes. Consequently the more people subjected to it the better.

lets hope we are some of those that can catch it and survive.

Telling everyone to stay in their house and close down the entire economy until a vaccine is developed (say 12 to 18 months ) will kill far more.
Herd immunity whilst safeguarding the vulnerable is the long term play. It's not as stupid as it sounds.

But if you can keep infection at bay with mass testing until a vaccine in September then it is stupid. Both China and South Korea suggest that that is possible. And the US and Germany are taking that route too. The US did nothing apart from ban travel for two months but they are on a war footing out in no mans land, whereas we're stuck in the trenches with the masks on waiting for the mustard gas to roll in.

Has the UK media ever asked or confronted Sir Patrick Vallance as to whether the UK has abandoned the herd immunity policy? The journalist briefing questions must be vetted because it's the obvious question given the choices and decisions made.
The feeble questions that are asked in those press conferences are a fucking disgrace.

Personally, I’d guess that we are on the correct path, for the simple reason that until there is a vaccine then COVID is just going to keep on coming in spikes. Consequently the more people subjected to it the better.

I agree.

I tell you what though, getting the economy going again is going be harder than the govt think.

let’s say in 2 , 3 weeks or whatever they start to release the lockdown.

they are going to go from one day saying stay at home , save lives, sitting on a park bench is dangerous. People spread it and those who get coronavirus die. It’s deadly , it spreads on surfaces. Death, ICU , death, spreads like wildfire. Only go out of your house if it’s essential. Exercise limited to one day. 1000 deaths today.

To

ok thanks , we think we can relax the lockdown so go back to work and shops and restaurants can open. try and avoid gatherings and social distance and wash your hands. 80% of you will be fine and have mild conditions

Those who are 18-25 will think thank fuck and go out as normal as at the age you are invincible and immortal anyway

A large proportion of the rest of the society will be scared and nervous about carrying on as normal until a vaccine is available simply because of the messages over the last few months.

if the chancellor thinks if he starts to release the lockdown and the economy can immediately start moving again he is dreaming there are too many people who are anxious about catching this virus because of what we have been told and witnessed ourselves.

I agree.

I tell you what though, getting the economy going again is going be harder than the govt think.

let’s say in 2 , 3 weeks or whatever they start to release the lockdown.

they are going to go from one day saying stay at home , save lives, sitting on a park bench is dangerous. People spread it and those who get coronavirus die. It’s deadly , it spreads on surfaces. Death, ICU , death, spreads like wildfire. Only go out of your house if it’s essential. Exercise limited to one day. 1000 deaths today.

To

ok thanks , we think we can relax the lockdown so go back to work and shops and restaurants can open. try and avoid gatherings and social distance and wash your hands. 80% of you will be fine and have mild conditions

Those who are 18-25 will think thank fuck and go out as normal as at the age you are invincible and immortal anyway

A large proportion of the rest of the society will be scared and nervous about carrying on as normal until a vaccine is available simply because of the messages over the last few months.

if the chancellor thinks if he starts to release the lockdown and the economy can immediately start moving again he is dreaming there are too many people who are anxious about catching this virus because of what we have been told and witnessed ourselves.
USA will open up shortly state by state with mass testing and surveillance. South Korea Mk II. Likewise Germany.

Nerves will vanish if it works. The UK will follow because I think it will work.

You do it for a long as necessary i.e. until a vaccine and I suspect there'll be one sooner rather than later based on the timelines of the developers involved.

Because the international standard for comparison is hospital deaths, the number of total deaths is available from the office for national statistics but this is not broken down into sectors there is a plan to break these numbers down in the future but not yet. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that did help. I hate seeing the figures, but it does help to know how close we might be to the peak/ end of the nightmare

They're double bagging bodies of those that have succumbed to it here. Not to be opened again. This will most likely be having a great affect on families that have traditionally had an open casket.
Crematoria in the UK trying to dissuade families from carrying the coffin (leave it on the funeral director's trolley).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.