COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s quite amazing how something like this has brought the world to its knees in less than 6 weeks.

So tough on so many people. Mental health issues but be going through the roof. I’ve been feeling a bit shit the last few days for the first time since it started.

Telling everyone to stay in their house and close down the entire economy until a vaccine is developed (say 12 to 18 months ) will kill far more.
This is true, What's going to happen with the elderly and folk with pretty bad underlying health conditions. I think this is the one that could be giving the government an headache.

I agree.

I tell you what though, getting the economy going again is going be harder than the govt think.

let’s say in 2 , 3 weeks or whatever they start to release the lockdown.

they are going to go from one day saying stay at home , save lives, sitting on a park bench is dangerous. People spread it and those who get coronavirus die. It’s deadly , it spreads on surfaces. Death, ICU , death, spreads like wildfire. Only go out of your house if it’s essential. Exercise limited to one day. 1000 deaths today.

To

ok thanks , we think we can relax the lockdown so go back to work and shops and restaurants can open. try and avoid gatherings and social distance and wash your hands. 80% of you will be fine and have mild conditions

Those who are 18-25 will think thank fuck and go out as normal as at the age you are invincible and immortal anyway

A large proportion of the rest of the society will be scared and nervous about carrying on as normal until a vaccine is available simply because of the messages over the last few months.

if the chancellor thinks if he starts to release the lockdown and the economy can immediately start moving again he is dreaming there are too many people who are anxious about catching this virus because of what we have been told and witnessed ourselves.

This is why in some respect it's a benefit to be behind a few weeks with Spain and Italy etc - we can model our relaxation of lockdown by watching theirs and seeing how they evolve with this all

@Marlo

In your expert opinion, if someone jumps out of a plane without a parachute and dies, would they test for COVID-19 in the post-mortem?

Just catching up with this now. If you had a very obvious cause of death such as jumping out of a plane or been shot in the head/stabbed there is not usually post-mortem blood analysis performed. There are exceptions to this for instance if you were erratic or deranged in the events leading up to the death they might well check for drugs/alcohol as a way to explain the persons state of mind.

This might happen in the case of someone who jumped out of a plane to commit suicide. It is unlikely that a COVID 19 test would take place as even if the person had it, it did not cause their death. The point of an autopsy and coroners court is to identify the cause of death, in the cases above the cause are obvious. Some coroners/pathologist, definetly not all, may want further information on the victims state of mind so would investigate if drugs/alcohol were taken beforehand.

I see some people asking if you had cancer and got COVID 19 and died with it would that be counted as a cause of death. That is still a little unclear, if you had complications from a underlying disease and you got COVID 19 and this resulted in your death then yes that would be counted.

One thing I should say from speaking with ICU nurses and doctors it is usually quite obvious to identify the people who are suffering from this. The description given to me is that they tend to have a grey pallor, shortness of breath, severe cough and bloodshot eyes.

Zero testing and tracing says so too (all our testing goes towards diagnoses, and front line staff). If you look at what is being done it makes sense if they have an eye on the long term. I think their strategy was valid initially but the evidence from South Korea and the availability of rapid testing should have changed the strategy.
...which is of course the WHO advice that we and Trump ignored.
"All countries should be prepared for containment, including active surveillance, early detection, isolation and case management, contact tracing and prevention of onward spread of 2019-nCoVinfection, and to share full data with WHO"
(30 January)

It’s quite amazing how something like this has brought the world to its knees in less than 6 weeks.

So tough on so many people. Mental health issues but be going through the roof. I’ve been feeling a bit shit the last few days for the first time since it started.

Physically or mentally?
Read a piece last night that said, without a vaccine, we could be living thus, in some capacity, until 2025. Didn’t do my mood any good. :-(

So the day after they started to relax some of the restrictions Spain has had its biggest daily increase in new cases for over a week. I know they aren't necessarily linked as the numbers don't come through that quickly but it shows how careful we are going to have to be.

I agree.

I tell you what though, getting the economy going again is going be harder than the govt think.

they are going to go from one day saying stay at home , save lives, sitting on a park bench is dangerous. People spread it and those who get coronavirus die. It’s deadly , it spreads on surfaces. Death, ICU , death, spreads like wildfire. Only go out of your house if it’s essential. Exercise limited to one day. 1000 deaths today.

To

ok thanks , we think we can relax the lockdown so go back to work and shops and restaurants can open. try and avoid gatherings and social distance and wash your hands. 80% of you will be fine and have mild conditions

Those who are 18-25 will think thank fuck and go out as normal as at the age you are invincible and immortal anyway

A large proportion of the rest of the society will be scared and nervous about carrying on as normal until a vaccine is available simply because of the messages over the last few months.

if the chancellor thinks if he starts to release the lockdown and the economy can immediately start moving again he is dreaming there are too many people who are anxious about catching this virus because of what we have been told and witnessed ourselves.

I think it's naive of the government to think there will be an economic "boom" once lockdown is lifted. You rightly mention that until a vaccine is sourced, some people will (quite rightly) be cautious and fearlful about leaving their homes.

Also, many people have taken a reduction to their income and some even losing income completely. Those impacted will be looking to get back on track financially and won't have the disposable income to spend once lockdown is lifted. Businesses will also be looking to recover lost sales etc.

I agree.

To

There is absolutely no way that restaurants are re-opening in the first tranche of relaxation of measures. Not a fucking chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.