COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farming.
At some point very, very soon. The government is going to have to marshal a large army of people to pick veg and fruit as those that normally do it are locked down in the Balkan states.
Spain and France are starting to do this now. In another week, we need to start doing it. Best to prepare for it now.
Producers are flying Romanians in on chartered aircraft according to the Times.

So the day after they started to relax some of the restrictions Spain has had its biggest daily increase in new cases for over a week. I know they aren't necessarily linked as the numbers don't come through that quickly but it shows how careful we are going to have to be.

definitely one to monitor, there death toll has dropped again.

Physically or mentally?
Read a piece last night that said, without a vaccine, we could be living thus, in some capacity, until 2025. Didn’t do my mood any good. :-(

Mentally. It’s the lack of end in sight that I find the most difficult to deal with. Plus having to deal with a stir crazy 9 year old, trying to work at home and dealing with a puppy!

That does not surprise me. Qatar has traditionally been closer to Iran than the UAE but see my link for reports of UAE assistance to iran. This is on the back of UAE pulling troops out of Yemen.
https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2020/04/uae-relations-iran-coronavirus-saudi-arabia.html

The UAE used to be a UK puppet. This is changing. It has strong technological links to South Korea, and China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.