COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logically, restaurants will be first of the sector to reopen, but how do you define a ‘restaurant’ and therefore enforce non-compliance. It’s a fucking nightmare tbh.

it’s a nightmare but in a way it will be self policing . As I said there are so many people anxious about the virus that even if restaurants open there will be so few customers because

- they don’t have money anyway
- anxiety

in South Korea who people point to as dong well there was no lockdown just the advice to use common sense social distancing etc, restaurants remained open. Although I imagine they have less dickheads than we do.
I still don’t think if there is an opening of shops , business and restaurants there is going to be this huge surge for the two reasons above .

they have hammered home the point about how dangerous this is. The guidance before was because people thought this was a problem in China , Italy Iran and Spain. They now know this shit is real.

edit: the chancellor wants these businesses open again soon because he cannot keep paying 80% of their wages until autumn/winter . Not a chance.

I'm working around the clock so don't bother with the news much. Is this slowing down yet? I got some Facefuck messages that say steam kills the virus. Seems like a load of crap. Is this just random shite going around or any truth to it!?
Yes, steam will kill it. It cannot survive high temperatures, and the higher the temp the shorter the life span. 30 mins at 75C will do the trick as well.

I'm working around the clock so don't bother with the news much. Is this slowing down yet? I got some Facefuck messages that say steam kills the virus. Seems like a load of crap. Is this just random shite going around or any truth to it!?

Load of crap of course.

And 'maybe' its slowing down. But not really currently tbh.

The fact there's still over 5000 new infections in Spain today blows my mind. The country has been shut down for 4 weeks. Of course health care workers would still pick up infections so it was never going to be zero but 5,000 sounds ridiculously high when such strict restrictions are in force. Not good news that it's still happening at that rate and paints an even worse picture of how things will look when some restricitions are lifted.
Depends on the testing rate. It's true though. Clearly there are still a lot of people still getting ill, however the trajectory is down and there's testing and a partial lockdown in place

See New York hospitalisation data below which is free of changes in testing rates. You can see very clearly that the infection is rapidly declining and where it will be in a week.

States and governments have access to all this data. They can test like mad when the demands on their health systems fall away. It need to be done carefully but providing its managed and you constantly check the infection rate it should be possible. South Korea and China show that you can work and live alongside Covid19

zxm7qPP.png

The truth is we don't know what will happen but we have to try and with testing in place you can see if people start to get infected. If the new cases go up you tighten back up. It has to be tried

I agree. restaurants, bars, clubs should be last in the queue.

My brother is out in New Zealand. They've had a handful of deaths but are in total lockdown but he welcomes it. Not everyone has the same traumatic experience and hence probably feel more in control and more confident.

The ideal would be rapid tests throughout the country that millions could access repeatedly. The US is getting near to that. When that's in place I think it will enable semi-normality. The lockdowns are unsustainable in the long term from an economic point of view and that can't be discounted
Let's be honest though, if you are over 60, and/or are not in perfect health - e.g. you are overweight, have diabetes, heart disease, a weakened immune system for whatever reason - and you have not yet had the virus - then you'd be absolutely mad to just start going out to pubs and restaurants as normal straight away. Even if none of the above applies, you are taking a significant unnecessary risk.

You list this as a positive. In my opinion 18 year olds having their own place would lead to more social interaction than not. In this country anyway.

It may lead to more social interaction but its the limited inter generational distancing that's the bonus. sounds like in Italy there are a lot of intergenerational families so grandparents/parents/children all under 1 roof resulting in the older generation getting exposed a lot more.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/service-desig...ly-empty-as-icus-handle-surge/7027398.article

only 19 beds occupied over Easter at nightingale in a facility that holds nearly 3000. That’s got to be a positive sign hasn’t it ?

in one view its very positive but in another it means the local hospitals are past capacity and the overflow is starting to be used.

Edit: My view on these hospitals are they are there for when we loosen the lockdown. a ton of extra capacity, wait till the flu season is over and then loosen lock down when there is capacity to handle it.

if these over spill ones start to fill up then either lock down again or build more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.