COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t the foggiest idea about vaccine development. What I do know is these people know more than most.
https://oxfordbrc.nihr.ac.uk/oxford-covid-19-vaccine-programme-opens-for-clinical-trial-recruitment/

I also know they are trying to get funding for getting production started to build up supplies while trials are being run. So if trials fail then I assume it’s money wasted but they seem confident enough to take the risk. If they are saying there is a possibility that some will be available in the tail end of this year , I ‘m not in a position to argue, just hope they are right.

interesting that most have three underlying health issues. I wonder if these are health issues that were already known pre death or only found post mortem, if they are doing these currently which I would guess they aren’t due to number of deaths.
Most will be known especially in older people, however the heart disease being the main factor could explain some of the younger ones that have died with no known health conditions, we know from footballers, and athletes as well as other apparently fit young people, they can suddenly die from unknown heart issues.

Most will be known especially in older people, however the heart disease being the main factor could explain some of the younger ones that have died with no known health conditions, we know from footballers, and athletes as well as other apparently fit young people, they can suddenly die from unknown heart issues.
Very tragically, my mate’s 3 year old son died of a heart attack last year and they had no idea he had anything wrong with his heart.

There were more than 1,600 coronavirus-linked deaths outside of hospitals in England and Wales in March, new Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures suggest.

In new figures published on Thursday, the ONS said there were 3,912 deaths involving coronavirus in England and Wales last month.

Of those, 3,372 (86%) had COVID-19 assigned as the underlying cause of death

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...pitals-in-england-and-wales-in-march-11974052
so UK's death toll is 75% higher than being reported at present?

Tragic but it seems to be stabilising.
It’ll be circa 900 by the time they add Scotland, Wales and Ireland into the mix, however I’d also hazard a guess that it’s higher due to Easter lag too.

All in all, appears to not be too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.