COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH both figures are debatable. The daily count is lagging, so the long range counts definitely ought to be a more accurate figure for a given time period. If a death certificate mentions COVID 19 as the underlying cause of death, that's pretty definitive. If anything, we're saying even that figure underplays the number of lives lost. I am pretty angry about it, because presenting people with a confused and conflicted range of figures lessens the impact and meaning of them. I don't really know if there's anything in them that says I should be optimistic or not. It clouds the whole issue, which impacts decisions people make around their personal safety, adherence to the restrictions, and the public debate about what happens next.
In hospital patients it is definative,until yesterday the rule in care homes was the first 4 or 5 got tested,the rest if they show any symptoms they were assumed to have had it,if you have say COPD and your cough gets worse can you really say that is Covid without testing? That is my problem with the care home figures
I agree the issue is clouded

High Initial value for the 15th!
w4qDYIf0uyW7CwzWi20qjYVaqLFJ4HaZCqg0JjBdHGrRhEOlF1dxq3UCLBiUQtfveVRp_s3toGdAppzAtfVEpTW7uyCUCAc9Fuf4aRxgDlJs9Py5rHcFBKhGv-mtfZAMX6NeC1CPdW96-NoNWWTccDQ0_QCqyTcNeEGfx2oUFLQ1mPYJVzLGWjp0mpkEa3XOrTtgwWeYZrjeUk4vkjJMQQ5f2G-CURDkHTbmRTt9qtzwxHwrFsKHgX7Shp1d2sW0kAnEe6Kqp3ukMYbGIWgAFXe6vqjMrzD7tSW0yORqKjuZ4XdehMT3EC2oqW11oRs5hle5q6MDAKwKzcWh6_MAZdlDZnMadu7dHhQlkR8anSUWdhdfiZlB1iTBpWP3aHppD0MUYv1_OBIjzNopvOmJiYbhq8RwUSuadYt5jxNn0etrhfeC0PvEJN6b1s0g-mppTZtINbqu5AlmxBJsO3VS48uIDfOXCurooeK0SA6PlNY-jEX6m7MwVAxFdVKElxOKWMuvk-jZpmyZg5mpHltOu_1VI9D3d9hXMKS7P3rvwhAKNoNB50Nh_QxFBYTRfTlKOxS8Y5KfdStFS3rgRBYvjg3W6w_X54GKMCdq_YKmmScvRvU81h-oOKPd7OqRD_KTgn0T3yNW2QoUtfo4zgW6dj_PXE5I_F6ouxGUtgayrjGSHUjqx6tmOX9j2tXq=w2564-h1470-no
Still looking like a peak at 8th, currently plateauing. Hoping we'll start to see a bit of drop off next week.

The total quoted does. The dailys don't.
Petty sure that hasn’t happened-you can see from France totals the big jump when they started adding deaths in the community. I believe Scotland have been adding those-but our tally is from deaths in hospital alone.

Petty sure that hasn’t happened-you can see from France totals the big jump when they started adding deaths in the community. I believe Scotland have been adding those-but our tally is from deaths in hospital alone.
Think they are added to the dates on the certificate, so not to any one days total.

The total quoted does. The dailys don't.
Check the dept of health and social care -clearly states of those hospitalised and testing positive for covid 19, 13,729 have died. The deaths in the community have not been added in any running total.

So men and black or ethnic minority are two things we are learning about this virus

Not sure you can draw conclusions from ethnic background and gender just yet. I would suggest that at this moment in time they are issues of interest that require further analysis rather than saying 'we have learned something'. Ethnic background and gender are not two things that standalone independent of all other key variables.

I would fancy my chances of surving more if I was BME, healthy male and young than I would if I was female, elderly and had an underlying health condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.