COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not asking what Italy have, what lockdown do you want in our country . You keep saying it’s slack.

as far as I can see , parks are closed, businesses closed. Streets empty and the police going around enforcing breaches with fines . We have people forced to stay in their houses , shops and businesses mothballing and breaches punished by police fines?
It’s slack in terms of there’s a lot of slack on what we can actually do even though we’re told to stay at home.

I would have wanted around two weeks or so of a more strict lockdown. Nobody allowed out to exercise, for example, for that period, like in Spain and Italy.

It’s slack in terms of there’s a lot of slack on what we can actually do even though we’re told to stay at home.

I would have wanted around two weeks or so of a more strict lockdown. Nobody allowed out to exercise, for example, for that period, like in Spain and Italy.

so everyone can’t go out at all for two weeks (save key workers) ? I agree with your point on flights btw

After the ONS report released on the figures from March we know the following:
1. COVID-19 impacts men twice as much as women 2. Even with COVID-19 deaths, March 2020 has a lower death rate lower than the 5 year average 3. 91% of deaths from COVID-19 had pre-existing diseases, with ischemic heart disease the most common

so everyone can’t go out at all for two weeks (save key workers) ? I agree with your point on flights btw
Yes, I felt that should have happened for this week and next.

I’ve not been out as much this week because of what I saw last week where there were loads of people outside in their “allowed” outside time who weren’t socially distancing properly.

And parks are open. It’s just National Parks that are closed.

Two weeks ago I called out a poster who reckoned that by today we would be up to 50k deaths. I have no idea whether he /she will apologise as I put him / her on ignore but there are plenty on here who consistently being spouting complete bollocks for the past four to six weeks.
You won’t see this but as I explained and you ignored, I was talking about what could happen if the exponential growth rate continued. Thankfully social distancing is working at we’ve “only” got 13,729 hospital deaths and who knows how many in the community. So I wasn’t spouting complete bollocks, I was stating a fact based “what if” that thankfully hasn’t happened. And I have apologised for alarming people. So you can wind your neck in.

exactly. Lots of these figures don’t include deaths outside of hospital

italy and Spain who are according to some past their peak are their peak are still getting 600+ deaths a day, 4/5 weeks after a lockdown

I had understood the WHO told all countries to report deaths as deaths in hospital so there was consistence across countries.

I appreciate there are deaths outside hospital but currently there are more pears being compared with oranges and bananas and pears

COVID-19 daily news conference line-up

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab - who is deputising for Boris Johnson as the prime minister recovers from the coronavirus - will be leading Thursday's briefing at 5pm.

He is expected to announce an extension to the UK's lockdown into May.

Mr Raab will be joined by Professor Chris Whitty, England's chief medical officer, and Sir Patrick Vallance, the government's chief scientific adviser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.