COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trend is levelling off suggesting we are more or less at the peak,death rates will continue to be high for now
I just have a feeling our peak will last a fair while because of the slack lockdown.

The trend may 'appear to not be too bad'.
The absolute numbers are horrendous.
Well, obviously. It was, as I’m sure you saw, a reply to a post where it was already called “tragic”, so didn’t feel the need to re-emphasise that point....

At least there is plenty of capacity at hospitals now, but there is a concern that those who really need care for none COVID issues are staying away.

I just have a feeling our peak will last a fair while because of the slack lockdown.

you keep mentioning slack lockdown what lockdown do you think we should be under ? It feels like a lockdown to me I go out of the house for a run once a day that’s it. Shopping delivered that’s it. Isn’t that the same for most people.

I think you might be right,i think it is way to soon to slacken off lockdown,scotland is going for three more weeks,i expect we will do the same,we cannot afford any fuck up at this crucial point

of course we will be going for 3 more weeks because that is what UK cobra will have agreed and just like with all previous uk cobra meetings , that wee little Nicole rightly insisted on being on, she will immediately call a Scottish press conference and leak the UK cobra findings for that day (as they apply to Scotland ) which is the same as the uk. Not missed a conference as Nicola . I preferred it when she did that comedy show with her husband.

I mean, nearly 900 deaths isn’t great but I think the majority thought we were going to be topping 1,000 daily if not more after the bank holiday weekend.

Obvious caveat for these not being actual daily numbers & not involving care home etc etc.

Let’s hope this is the peak and we start dropping soon.

The trend is levelling off suggesting we are more or less at the peak,death rates will continue to be high for now

I think you might be right,i think it is way to soon to slacken off lockdown,scotland is going for three more weeks,i expect we will do the same,we cannot afford any fuck up at this crucial point

This is going to be the "boring" bit. The figures get repetitive, things seem less dangerous because it's not spiralling out of control and the numbers don't have the shock factor they did at first. Each day this week we'll see 750-800 deaths, next week it'll be 650-700, the week after 500-600 and we will just slowly decrease until we hit the threshold where they'll open things up again.

And as things decrease, people will get more restless, go out more, be less careful with their social distancing and washing hands etc. and that will make the tail go slower.

I noticed how you said could be,will you apologise for frightening half this forum if it doesn’t hit that amount
I apologise to half the forum for frightening them 2 weeks ago.

As I said at the time, if the exponential growth rate had continued the way it was going two weeks ago (doubling every 3 days), a very bad situation would have been even worse. Thankfully social distancing appears to be working and the growth is no longer exponential.

Let’s hope the trend changes direction soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.