COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't half have some poor journo's,why the same lockdown questions when he has just explained it again,instead hammer him on the letting people comng into the country
It's what their editors want. So Kberg will be asking it on the bbc news, the ITV guy will be asking it on ITV, etc etc

High Initial value for the 15th!
w4qDYIf0uyW7CwzWi20qjYVaqLFJ4HaZCqg0JjBdHGrRhEOlF1dxq3UCLBiUQtfveVRp_s3toGdAppzAtfVEpTW7uyCUCAc9Fuf4aRxgDlJs9Py5rHcFBKhGv-mtfZAMX6NeC1CPdW96-NoNWWTccDQ0_QCqyTcNeEGfx2oUFLQ1mPYJVzLGWjp0mpkEa3XOrTtgwWeYZrjeUk4vkjJMQQ5f2G-CURDkHTbmRTt9qtzwxHwrFsKHgX7Shp1d2sW0kAnEe6Kqp3ukMYbGIWgAFXe6vqjMrzD7tSW0yORqKjuZ4XdehMT3EC2oqW11oRs5hle5q6MDAKwKzcWh6_MAZdlDZnMadu7dHhQlkR8anSUWdhdfiZlB1iTBpWP3aHppD0MUYv1_OBIjzNopvOmJiYbhq8RwUSuadYt5jxNn0etrhfeC0PvEJN6b1s0g-mppTZtINbqu5AlmxBJsO3VS48uIDfOXCurooeK0SA6PlNY-jEX6m7MwVAxFdVKElxOKWMuvk-jZpmyZg5mpHltOu_1VI9D3d9hXMKS7P3rvwhAKNoNB50Nh_QxFBYTRfTlKOxS8Y5KfdStFS3rgRBYvjg3W6w_X54GKMCdq_YKmmScvRvU81h-oOKPd7OqRD_KTgn0T3yNW2QoUtfo4zgW6dj_PXE5I_F6ouxGUtgayrjGSHUjqx6tmOX9j2tXq=w2564-h1470-no
Not sure what image site you use but that graph doesn’t show for me. Just shows [ image ]

Last edited:
Has it been mentioned that AstraZeneca are starting a trial using a different tack?

Rather than trying to stop the virus having an effect, they're trying to stop the body immune response going into overdrive and causing the respiratory problems using a drug that's used to do the same against cancer.

If it works, I think this could have a significant effect on the very ill.
My daughter who has a form of arthritus that causes her joints to swell dramatically uses a self injecting cancer drug to control the immune system.
She has just recovered from CV where she had all symptoms except the respiration problem so did not need a ventilator. They treated her via hospital ringing every 2 hours to make sure respiration OK and she is now fully recovered from about 2 weeks ago.
Incidentally she was told to stop the daily self injection during the illness but perhaps enough still in her body to influence her body to resist respiration problems?

With respect, there were plenty on here (you included) who were claiming that we were nowhere near the same path as Italy and that people need to stop being panicked. That was wrong. According to some graphs, we have now surpassed Italy. I’m not expecting or asking for an apology but I don’t think you should be asking the same of those who got it wrong the other round because complacency is every bit as damaging, if not more, than panic.
We aren’t on the same path as Italy though. I am not complacent but nor am I scaremongering

Basically because you don't partake in it you don't think anyone else should? I'v been out running or on my bike almost every day and if I pass someone either they have moved or I have moved onto the road. Everyone is observing it and there are very few people about. Going for a walk/run/cycle etc. is extremely low risk and banning it completely will do more harm than good. Think of some families living in a flat or an apartment without access to a garden. You think it's right that young kids should be kept indoors 24 hours a day when the risk of them going out and social distancing properly is pretty much non existent?

Our 'lockdown' is not as strict as Spain or Italy but like any keep saying we are following their paths on the graphs, so who has done it right? What the government has put in place is working and they have managed to do it without forcing everyone to stay in 24 hours a day, well done to them I say.

I would have been quicker if you just put I like running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.