COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Château BlueHammer85?
giphy.gif
;-)

He is hoping the the peak is the day after the number 1 song:-)

And what's this about? Hospital admissions for strokes (inc TIAs) and heart attacks are down... Explanations:

1. People reluctant to go to hospital because of the risk of getting Covid?
2. People doing fewer strenuous/stressful things that prompt heart attacks?
3. People misreading symptoms for virus symptoms and going off advice to wait and see if stays as a mild infection?

It seems to be a thing here and in the USA.

People are having heart attacks and think fuck going to hospital I might get something serious?

Restrict gatherings to 50 people but schools will be re-opened? For example, at break time at my daughters school, that will mean 400 in kids in a playground. I know you are making a prediction rather than making a suggestion but that doesn't make sense.

I see how that sounds a bit stupid - wording things never been my strong point. I was solely referring to adults and large crowds. However good point about schools - I think playtimes would be staggered (most already are at my kids primary) so kids will be in their usual classes of 30 then allowed out at certain times etc. No idea about secondary. But easy to implement in primary ages.

Bit worrying that by yesterday we'd only done 18,000 tests per day.
On a linear basis to get from the 10,000 per day at the end of March to the 100,000 per day at the end of April we should have been at 55,000 per day.
So unless we're going to ramp it up dramatically in the next two weeks we will fall well short of the 100k per day.
That's worrying for lots of reasons not least of which is coming out of lockdown ( I.e. is the R factor below 1, who's had the disease and who hasn't etc etc).

Italy had done 60k tests in last 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.