COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frontline staff put them on and particularly off very carefully and they don't keep ajusting them,you have to use them wisely and carefully and maintain social distancing and hand washing or there is no point
Yes I realise they don't make you immune. But my point still stands, give me a reason not to wear one?

Yes I realise they don't make you immune. But my point still stands, give me a reason not to wear one?
Like SARS, Coronavirus is airborne as well as on surfaces.
Masks give you 70% protection if you take them off properly and dispose/wash them properly. But that's not the point.
If you're on public transport they stop you passing it on to every one else in the bus/carriage if you talk or cough. You simply can't be 2m apart in these circumstances.
The same probably applies when you go shopping.

This is quite an extraordinary thing to say.
I'd take any small benefit right now.
You have to weigh up risk v reward for all things medical,also the cloth ones the public can get are not medical grade,they do not give you the protection the frontline health workers where,it is a false sense of security

They give you 70% protection if you take it off properly and dispose/wash it properly. But that's not the point.
If you're on public transport they stop you passing it on to every one else in the bus/carriage if you talk or cough. You simply can't be 2m apart.
I know all that, not sure it answers my question

Like SARS, Coronavirusxis is airborne as well as on surfaces.
Masks give you 70% protection if you take them off properly and dispose/wash them properly. But that's not the point.
If you're on public transport they stop you passing it on to every one else in the bus/carriage if you talk or cough. You simply can't be 2m apart.
There you have the crucial words,taking them off properly,dispose/wash them properly,the public won't do it

You have to weigh up risk v reward for all things medical,also the cloth ones the public can get are not medical grade,they do not give you the protection the frontline health workers where,it is a false sense of security
Ok, given that I'm not daft, and I won't have a false sense of security, do you think wearing a mask is a good thing or a bad thing?

Frontline staff put them on and particularly off very carefully and they don't keep ajusting them,you have to use them wisely and carefully and maintain social distancing and hand washing or there is no point
Ive had one on when out in work this week and youre right, you cant help but fiddle with them and bend then round the hooter or adjust them round the mouth far more than you consciously think you are, probably because you aren't used to wearing them and because after a while they are very irritating on the chops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.