COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frontline staff put them on and particularly off very carefully and they don't keep ajusting them,you have to use them wisely and carefully and maintain social distancing and hand washing or there is no point

In fairness life is full of complications but if people did the exact opposite of what you say then they are going to be right much more often than not. I suggest you you just carry on posting old news and leave it at that.

There you have the crucial words,taking them off properly,dispose/wash them properly,the public won't do it
I think you underestimate the educated public, you know, the ones that are intelligent enough to realise that wearing a mask will mitigate risk of spread.

You have to weigh up risk v reward for all things medical,also the cloth ones the public can get are not medical grade,they do not give you the protection the frontline health workers where,it is a false sense of security
I think our government's stubborn refusal to accept what pretty much every other country is saying - that the public should all wear masks in public places such as shops, public transport etc - is down to us having an acute shortage of PPE for front line staff. And the government thinking if the public all want to wear masks as well, it will only make the shortage more acute.

I am convinced that's what's behind it. Either that or we are complete idiots. To take just one example, Germany have 1/4 of the deaths we have and yet they are mandating masks. Are we *really" to believe we know best and they don't???

I think our government's stubborn refusal to accept what pretty much every other country is saying - that the public should all wear masks in public places such as shops, public transport etc - is down to us having an acute shortage of PPE for front line staff. And the government thinking if the public all want to wear masks as well, it will only make the shortage more acute.

I am convinced that's what's behind it. Either that or we are complete idiots. To take just one example, Germany have 1/4 of the deaths we have and yet they are mandating masks. Are we *really" to believe we know best and they don't???
Totally agree. The current advice is killing hundreds maybe thousands.

The govt said exactly this the other day, I read it. I dont think they are taking people as fools or hiding anything, they explicitly said what you just did.

They are more likely to get it standing/sitting in a bus/coach when someone gets on with the virus who isn't wearing a mask.
Is the correct answer Imo. Can't seem to get confirmation on here though. Some seem to think wearing a mask is counter productive.

Ive had one on when out in work this week and youre right, you cant help but fiddle with them and bend then round the hooter or adjust them round the mouth far more than you consciously think you are, probably because you aren't used to wearing them and because after a while they are very irritating on the chops.
Are you touching your face when you do this? I'd imagine not. You're adjusting the fit. That's a good thing you're making sure it fits around the bridge of the nose. Like anything else that seems unusual to the body, you will get used to it. You're doing the right thing.
Stay safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.