COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fallout from this incompetence at best(or blatant disregard for human life) will drag on for many years to come.

It won't. It will all be swept away in a Boris blaze of glory. Have you seen his ratings or general approval at what a good job he's done? Yes it's weird but no it won't change. He's untouchable.

Given how the general concensus would seem to be that the government have not been handling this crisis well enough in terms of timing of the lockdow, testing and PPE, and most of us have strong and presumably valid opinions on things, how have the government managed to stuff it up and continue to stuff it up?
If we can all reach what seem logical conclusions as to what should have been done or how things should be handled moving forward how can those in power and in possession of all the info not do what seems obvious.
Are we all missing something? I know it's an internet forum which can therefore lean to binary points of view but this has been on my mind for a while.
They can't all just be incompetent or worse. Can they?

It won't. It will all be swept away in a Boris blaze of glory. Have you seen his ratings or general approval at what a good job he's done? Yes it's weird but no it won't change. He's untouchable.
Do you reckon he's done a bad job? I don't.

Sure we can all pick holes because of course we are all geniuses and perfect in every respect.

But bsck in the real world, Boris has worked his arse off, made humungous amounts of money available, listened to and acted upon expert advice and has done everything he can to keep as many people as possible safe whilst balancing personal freedoms and the need to keep the country going to some degree at least. Has it been perfect? No. Has he done his utmost? Yes he has. And his popularity is a reflection of how people see if too.

Do you reckon he's done a bad job? I don't.

Sure we can all pick holes because of course we are all geniuses and perfect in every respect.

But bsck in the real world, Boris has worked his arse off, made humungous amounts of money available, listened to and acted upon expert advice and has done everything he can to keep as many people as possible safe whilst balancing personal freedoms and the need to keep the country going to some degree at least. Has it been perfect? No. Has he done his utmost? Yes he has. And his popularity is a reflection of how people see if too.

No, I think he’s been a complete disaster except for the financial part. Surely you’ve spent most of this time skating the government so you think the same?

Just leave it. It had no relevance to anything when you first lost your arse. It still has zero relevance.

Move on.

End.

You have quoted me twice since I said it was over, do you have some sort of problem?

I told the other it was over hours ago but you joined in and kick started it again but then again it gave me a chance to see the other one still carrying it on somewhat behind my back with snide digs, to be expected I suppose.

Maybe I will delete this and stick a full stop in like your previous effort.

Tip them every week if you think they do a good job, not because there is a crisis going on, if your only tipping them because of the crisis then why aren't you tipping the poor guy behind a screen serving you your fuel in the garage, the workers in supermarkets that are still dealing with people face to face and without which you wouldn't have any food on your plate?

As for me, the people making direct contact are doing a far more dangerous job but like I already said I don't want your tip for doing my job thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.