COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The economy isn’t just some abstract tory thing though is it. Its peoples, livelihoods, how they pay the mortgage feed their family. Now I don’t think nows the time, but at some point while some are still dying businesses will need to start up again. My business is okay staying shut for another 2 or 3 weeks, I’m fine with that. At that point though money runs out, can’t pay my shop rent, have zero income can’t pay my mortgage. Britain working, the economy working isn’t about being tories, I’m not it’s about real life.

Exactly. I’m sure most of us are agreed that lockdown had to happen and many businesses had to close temporarily as a result, but if that were to go on for too long then the side effects could be millions more unemployed which would lead to way more deaths than those directly caused by Covid-19.

The economy isn’t just some abstract tory thing though is it. Its peoples, livelihoods, how they pay the mortgage feed their family. Now I don’t nows the time, but at some point while some are still dying businesses will need to start up again. My business is okay staying shut for another 2 or 3 weeks, I’m fine with that. At that point though money runs out, can’t pay my shop rent, have zero income can’t pay my mortgage. Britain working, the economy working isn’t about being tories, I’m not it’s about real life.

Totally correct and I understand completely the very salient points you make. My post was aimed simply at those hawks in the government who would happily sacrifice human lives at the altar of profit and who think it's acceptable to have the neediest and poorest as cannon fodder in all this. The economy is most definitely not an abstract thing and millions will suffer and have suffered as a result of furlough, closing down, redundancy etc, but I believe with all my heart, that people like Gove would happily accept more people dying if it meant a 0.00001% increase in economic growth. But everything you've said is true.

Spain is already thinking about 50% school capacity in September. Got a bad feeling the kids will be off school for 18 months when all said and done.

Not going to say no chance, which was what my original reply was going to be as seemingly anything is possible with the current situation. But if your prediction is correct then we are in for a very very bad next 5-10 years or so.

If Switzerland's opening of primary schools works without issue then UK schools can be opened up. According to the current science an instance of a young child infecting an adult has yet to be found.
So if a teacher gets Covid how do you know they weren't infected by a child?

Totally correct and I understand completely the very salient points you make. My post was aimed simply at those hawks in the government who would happily sacrifice human lives at the altar of profit and who think it's acceptable to have the neediest and poorest as cannon fodder in all this. The economy is most definitely not an abstract thing and millions will suffer and have suffered as a result of furlough, closing down, redundancy etc, but I believe with all my heart, that people like Gove would happily accept more people dying if it meant a 0.00001% increase in economic growth. But everything you've said is true.

They have clearly shown in anyone’s mind that your point about 0.00001 percent is an absolute ridiculous point. I quite simply fail to see how anyone can argue with that. No doubt you will try.

They have clearly shown in anyone’s mind that your point about 0.00001 percent is an absolute ridiculous point. I quite simply fail to see how anyone can argue with that. No doubt you will try.
It's hard to argue with that as goodness knows what it means!

Is anyone testing kids to find out,because we sure aren't

Up to now, not too many worldwide as kids are mostly asymptomatic and thus not been tested.

Prof. Drosten and his team (they developed the PCR CV test) have analyzed about 60,000 tests in Berlin (kids, teenagers, adults) between mid Feb and April with 3,712 positive cases:

37 kids up to 6 yo,
16 between 7-10 yo,
74 teenagers.

Reults:
virus load is similar across all age groups.

It seems possible kids can transmit CV,
but without symptoms they don't cough much - which is good -
on the other hand they are physically very active and uncontrolled in their behaviour.

Experts will roll out more studies...

Second peak in this country is gonna be grim, and it'll probably start building as of tomorrow with headlines like this. Fucking state of it. 'Hurrah' on a day when they announced over 600 people had died and we passed 30k. 'Draconian' too...embarrassing and dangerous stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.