COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand it is just a likely click bait fake news.
Indeed. I never believe these things without corroboration from multiple reliable sources. Just that I had been thinking the “started in a lab” thing meant it had been man made.

Without a vaccine it will take quite long to reach herd immunity (if CV remains the same):

Let's say UK herd immunity is 66% of persons infected.
That would be 44m cases for UK.
Let's assume the true number of UK cases is 2m, as an example. Remain 42m to be infected.
Even if we would allow 5,000 new cases any single day from now on
it would take about 23 years to reach 66% HE:

5,000 x365 days x23 yrs = 42m.

23 years. Would you think more than 5k per day is within NHS capacity?

Would it be possible at all to keep R=1 at 5k without overshooting??

We can scrap all those HE theories and just hope for a vaccine.
Your numbers are questionable but the logic is not. We cannot get to HE without either it taking eons, or alternatively if we allow it to happen quickly then we completely swamp and cause the collapse of the NHS. Either way it's a total non-starter of an idea and has rightly been abandoned as such.

I’ve been ignoring things about this starting in a lab, thinking they meant it was man made in a lab, which I didn’t believe.

I didn’t realise this lab was a bat coronavirus testing lab with actual live bats with coronavirus.

And if true about the state of the working conditions and lack of health and safety in the lab; then China need to be asked some hard questions!

Its worrying isn't it. And they were doing something similar in America as well.

Spoke to my Sister the other day and I mentioned about going to the shops in a mask and she said; “but Hancock said for weeks they’re useless so I’m not bothering”. She’s obviously missed any updates on this.

And yet, from the official guidance about re-opening schools:

"Wearing a face covering or face mask in schools or other education settings is not recommended."

And yet, from the official guidance about re-opening schools:

"Wearing a face covering or face mask in schools or other education settings is not recommended."
Amazing that they were considered useless whilst in short supply and now we are advised to wear them in close contact with people. Obviously to stop the public buying all the stock of them. I wouldn't trust any of these politicians or some of these scientists who are saying what the government want them to

Your numbers are questionable but the logic is not. We cannot get to HE without either it taking eons, or alternatively if we allow it to happen quickly then we completely swamp and cause the collapse of the NHS. Either way it's a total non-starter of an idea and has rightly been abandoned as such.
Either way if you are in the older vulnerable group self isolate until a vaccine or normal death happens.
Others join the lottery of death for your age group unless you can wear PPE permanently outside your house.

UK deaths today 494. That seems the lowest since March outside of weekends when figures always drop due to registrations being lower. Under the new measure since we added in care homes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.