COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The economy is going down anyway. Schools being open in June and July isn’t going to make a difference.

It will however result in the death of teachers and potentially even children.

Great call.

i have not heard many teachers talking about the safety of children to be fair all the arguments I am hearing is about teachers being safe

Is it going down? I don't think we have reached that point yet.

It’s inevitable unfortunately.

Pushing people back to schools etc will ultimately lead to a huge second wave and potentially another lockdown. By staying more secure and not rushing out of the original lockdown, there’s the change to minimise future damage. A second wave linked to trying to get back to normality so soon will have a far bigger impact on the economy than a tight initial lockdown would. I pray I’m wrong on that but it feels like how things are heading at the moment.

But all the teaching unions are asking for is that the government to show the scientific evidence that it is safe.

They had someone from the association of teaching leaders or something like that on the radio today.

Said that they had been speaking to government scientific advisors.

Hasn't satisfied all their concerns but they'll keep the dialogue going.

We shall see about school safety from Switzerland, Denmark and Germany. Scientific evidence indicates that although children can catch it they don't appear much in contact tracing. The evidence will be clear from abroad before we are ready to open up.

It’s inevitable unfortunately.

Pushing people back to schools etc will ultimately lead to a huge second wave and potentially another lockdown. By staying more secure and not rushing out of the original lockdown, there’s the change to minimise future damage. A second wave linked to trying to get back to normality so soon will have a far bigger impact on the economy than a tight initial lockdown would. I pray I’m wrong on that but it feels like how things are heading at the moment.

Not inevitable at all. Unless we continue in a permanent lockdown.

So how would you play it ? Stay in lockdown for 12 months ? Completely bankrupt the economy so we cant even afford schools ? And just accept the deaths that occur as a result of a bankrupt economy ? Great call.

I’ve nothing against people making a passionate defence of teachers and the difficulties they face in all of this but to then flippantly say “the economy is fucked anyway” when posters are trying to point out a fucked economy will kill way more people than the virus itself is nothing short of idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.