COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

a really great concept , and first time in a long time I felt proud of the UK.
    However it has run its course now - last one next week is the right call.

2. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

Its 100% a community thing for us now. This and the VE Day socially distanced front “garden” picnic have done more for our neighbourhood than anything else, Covid or no Covid. We’re already planning a post Covid party.

It’s one major positive form this period that should be ongoing for us.

3. paulchapo

paulchapo

Hopefully people are a bit nicer and more community minded from now, though I fear it will fade away.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

Yeah, you’re probably right, although we have learnt each other’s names at least, so there might be some empathy displayed down the line.

5. paulchapo

paulchapo

It's a start. I just realised I don't know the name of any of the people I speak to at the match every other week, lol!

6. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

Me too! The guy next but one being a semi pro golfer in his sixties is going to be either dead or frustrated he isn’t swinging his clubs.

7. paulchapo

paulchapo

Odd isn't it? I know bits about their lives and them mine but not their names. One old boy in front of me is in his eighties I hope he is there next time we get to go to a game.

8. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

It wasn't me, it was my next door neighbour and I only found out about it after the event. She's 78 herself and presumably didn't want to waste precious resources - I don't know really. But yes I would have phone for an ambulance.

BlueAnorak likes this.
  9. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

Off for a test at the Etihad this morning, been near my auntie via a family member (same household) who went walking with her (regular exercise with someone outside the household as per the new rules, kept our distance) and she's tested positive got the results back last night.

I'm almost certain I've had it back in March but need to be sure for my work.

Last edited: 23 May 2020
  10. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

Unless it’s an antibody test I don’t see the point, you go down without symptoms and the test comes back negative in 3 days but in that time period you could get it! Or the test comes back positive and you should’ve been isolating in that time but haven’t so possibly passed it on!

quiet_riot and Gelsons Dad like this.