COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw giving up on the Gov UK website to ever get fixed I have managed to find the data for Greater Manchester for yesterday. So with the caveat that it is not from the original source I will post what it claims.

No pop score, just the raw numbers.

Assumimg it is accurate (it appears to be a reputable source) the total number of GM cases from the 10 boroughs was 154. That is down from the 179 the day before but well up on Friday the week before when it was 120.

That 120 was from a NW total of 267 - so the GM share yesterday of 154 from 286 was higher. But not by much.

Here is the GM scoreboard . This is from YESTERDAY - not today, of course. Not a clue if the Gov UK site will reappear for that but I would not bet on it.

Bolton - the day released from lockdown - adds 24 - its highest number since lockdown. This was up from 11 and is the one figure I find odd but if true it was a good day to hide that news (thanks to the site breaking down). 307 in month, 82 past week, 35 over 2 days (was 25).

Bury 9 (up from 8). 226 in month. 61 past week, 17 over 2 days (was 14).

Manchester 36 (down from 41 but still too high). 996 in month, 241 past week. 77 over 2 days (was 68).

Oldham 31 (down from 35 but again still too high). 796 in month. 186 past week, 66 over 2 days (was 45)

Rochdale 17 (down from 32 - better here). 380 in month. 95 past week, 49 over 2 days (was 49).

Salford 11 (down from 18). 336 in month. 65 past week, 29 over 2 days (was 28).

Stockport 6 (up from 3 but 7 has been the highest here in ten days now). 257 in month. 36 past week, 9 over 2 days (was 9).

Tameside 11 (iup from 10) . 300 in month. 71 past week. 21 over 2 days (was 15).

Trafford 17 (up from 15). 257 in month. 69 past week. 32 over 2 days (was 21)

Wigan 2 (down from 6 to its previous typical daily number). 133 in month (best in by miles). 35 past week - regains best in GM from Stockport on this measure). 8 over 2 days (was 9). Also lowest in GM.

As you can see Wigan justifies its status as first out of measures, Stockport did nothing to change the decision to release it - but the other two areas that WERE released both less so. 151 cases between them in a week v Wigan (35) and Stockport (36) and rising numbers in the days between the 4 day lag of data the recommendations were based on and the actual up to date data after the decision was taken. Stockport's 2 day average stayed at 9. Bolton's rose over those 3 days from 25 to 35 and Trafford from 21 to 32.

Notice also that relying on monthly data Stockport and Trafford apprear identical as both had 257 cases - but look nearer to home and you see things that this number does not reveal. Trafford had 69 v Stockport 36 in the past week and in the past 3 days before the release of both areas Trafford had 38 cases and Stockport 15.

You can see why some Trafford politicians thought that this decision came maybe a week too early.

Be interesting to see if Stockport tracks up too. It might. But currently there is less evidence for supposing that than with Trafford or Bolton.

Last edited:
Nine more deaths within the 28 days,i have a massive problem with the time limit ,more spinning figures

In other news,ANOTHER late night major policy shift on schools,do they not work during the day anymore

New guidelines for schools that open in two days time

You do know Scotish schools are already back?
And how to deal with Covid-19 in school, especially in secondary school, is a new thing in the UK?
I'd be more concerned if the Govetnment were ignoring experience in other places to be honest.

You do know Scotish schools are already back?
And how to deal with Covid-19 in school, especially in secondary school, is a new thing in the UK?
I'd be more concerned if the Govetnment were ignoring experience in other places to be honest.
They have changed the guidlines at night two days before schools start,they have no idea what they are doing

Meanwhile such esteemed scientific experts such as David Icke and Chico are addressing a mass gathering of tinfoil hats, anti-vax lunatics and Facebook Karens in London today

Regional scoreboard

London 143 - down from 166. Lowest in 6 days.

Midlands 115 - down from 125.

Yorks & Humber 143 UP from 129

North West - still the highest but fallen significantly from 286 to 201.

GM scoreboard is OK news. Total is 126 - down from 154 yesterday. But up from 114 last week.

So 126 from 209 NW cases today v 154 from 286 yesterday. Which is an increase of the GM contribution.

However, it reveals there were no errors in the data I posted earlier and that maybe Bolton was prematurely released in particular. Though Trafford is no great shakes either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.