COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Healdplace

London were a week or so ahead in the Spring yes. It moved northwards over a couple of weeks. Not sure how much added immunity that brought.

Plus if anything the ventilator situation is worse in London as in the past 4 days they have moved from 12 to 26 patients on them.

Though patient numbers only up from 91 to 135 there in past 7 days.

xgorton

England hospital patients up again from 866 to 894. Wales 45 to 53. Scotland 48 to 51. N. Ireland 23 to 21.

So 1019 looks like a drop - but that is because of the change of Scottish numbers. On the old measure we would be in the 1200s compared with about 700 two or three weeks ago.

NW patients have gone up today from 269 to 287. Seven days ago it was 173.

Even worse the ventilator cases in the NW are up again in 24 hours from 25 to 29. It was 14 seven days ago. And is up 11 in the past 4 days.

No way to spin that positively I am afraid.
A Tory would make a good job.

Tim of the Oak

Did London get it’s peak of this earlier than us and hence have a higher immunity? Seems we are right in the middle of this up here.

Some of the North West population has led the UK in terms of irresponsible behaviour / more parties etc. There also seems to be a significant minority of Covid deniers. London will have had more people with the virus earlier on but that’s only part of the story.

Healdplace

Yorkshire have gone from 91 to 174 in those 7 days but ventilators there only up 1 in the week to 15. Though it was higher and maybe several people died on them in the past few days.

Midlands up from 97 to 182 in seven days and ventilators up very high too - from 13 to 28 over the past 7 days.

So this is not just the NW with the problem. Seems to be having signs of becoming a nascent second wave.

If anything it is moving south as we first saw ventilator numbers rise in Scotland about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:

True_Blue69

seems like we're just going to pretend the second wave isn't here and just carry on.

Whilst the numbers getting seriously ill and dying are so low, so we should. The virus is here unfortunately and there's no way we can go back to where we were in March and April. The treatment for anyone that gets it now is infinitely better than earlier in the year and we also have an idea how it's going to generally behave. Would be mental to do another harsher lockdown especially as it seems a viable vaccine is nowhere near.

worsleyweb

Whilst the numbers getting seriously ill and dying are so low, so we should. The virus is here unfortunately and there's no way we can go back to where we were in March and April. The treatment for anyone that gets it now is infinitely better than earlier in the year and we also have an idea how it's going to generally behave. Would be mental to do another harsher lockdown especially as it seems a viable vaccine is nowhere near.

Sorry but it would apprear the general consensus is that a vaccine will be here within a maximum 6 months unless I am missing something?

True_Blue69

Sorry but it would apprear the general consensus is that a vaccine will be here within a maximum 6 months unless I am missing something?

Weren't they saying that 6 months ago? Personally I can't see it. Someone has had a pretty serious reaction to the Zeneca one and that's with a small number of people. Even if they do a high percentage will refuse to have it, would you be willing to be one of the first to have it once it's rushed through? Not sure I would and I am totally pro vaccination.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.