COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so mate, just don't think we should pin all our hopes on it as we may be stuck in this shitty cycle for years.

It doesn’t bear thinking about. Mental health must be testing for everyone at the moment and another year of this and I will be in the nuthouse.

Crazy one but would letting everyone get it over 3 months and telling all at risk to quite literally stay in for 3 months be an option?!!

It doesn’t bear thinking about. Mental health must be testing for everyone at the moment and another year of this and I will be in the nuthouse.

Crazy one but would letting everyone get it over 3 months and telling all at risk to quite literally stay in for 3 months be an option?!!
Some people are still shielding since march, it is not fair to lock them away forever, herd immunity takes years , it feels like years but it has only been six months , we might never find a vaccine but as ever the scientists are hopeful , stay well lovely x

3 or 4 weeks away from another national lockdown I think.

Nah no way they know now it's nowhere near deadly enough to warrant that. Can see a 10pm curfew or some other token gesture but no way they can put the country on hold for something that most people don't even get any symptoms from. There were 50k excess deaths in the winter of 17/18 and the barely made the news. Spain's cases seem to have plateued or so I read today so hopefully at worst we will follow that trajectory.

Spain's cases seem to have plateued or so I read today so hopefully at worst we will follow that trajectory.

So the video posted by @tomomcfc seemed to suggest BUT also pointed out that its very early days to tell if that's the case. They've since posted 11,000 cases and 239 deaths (both figures rising from the day previous). I'd be careful about wishing for anything at this stage.

Just read we are testing the most of any country in the world.
Trouble is it's taking a week to get results, it's not how many are tested, it's how many get the results in good time, people who haven't had a result aren't isolating like they should be either.

It's all about the messaging, and some very important messages are not being hammered home, the biggest, if you suspect you have symptoms then you have to isolate, when was that last mentioned, May ?

Spain's cases seem to have plateued or so I read today so hopefully at worst we will follow that trajectory.
Nobody has a clue about Spain's cases as they change on a daily basis, they report 12000 one day, then the next that figure is 3000, then a week later it's 12000 again. What is clear is Spain's deaths are going up quickly, 239 reported today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.