COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK strategy was to go for a range of vaccines with different technologies to spread risk. Pfizer and Moderna are very similar, so it's not unreasonable to choose to prioritise one or the other.

I think Moderna capacity is generally considered less than Pfizer, though the extent to which either can scale as intended is a good one.

The UK vaccine strategy is IMO the only positive of our response as a country, both in terms of protecting our own population but also supporting the wider world through development and funding of oxford, and funding of Covax.
There's a huge difference in distributing a vaccine that is unstable above -70 C and one that is stable below -20 C.

Whether the UK could have secured early delivery, I don't know, hence the rider I made in brackets.

Vaccination is q question of effectiveness and also of logistics,

No point having an atomic bomb if you don't have a missile or an aeroplane capable of delivering it (not a very good analogy perhaps, but I am sure you get the point).

Great yet Christmas still carries on ! I read the other day police had to break up people trying to get into a pub in London, and as I said yesterday its getting out of control around here (SE). I thought in tier 3 you couldn't make unnecessary journeys, so in effect the SE is already cut off. I think that article just shows how ineffective the guidelines are. People around have been ignoring the guidelines for months now. I cant remember ever seeing any shop with someone on the door stopping people without masks.

My son has done it as his shop but he comes home so fed up and angry because of all the abuse he gets when he stops someone. These people that wouldnt wear masks tend to be the horrible gobby part of society.

I have worked with only a few days of this year, and as each day goes by now I am getting more and more concerned for my family safety. We have followed all the guidelines, but because I work amongst the public, son in a big shop and sons gf in intensive care. The way alot of the public behave in this area we are getting seriously worried that one of us could catch it even following the guidelines and bring it into the house where my missus is a diabetic and is having tests because her immune system is down abit. Sorry to rant on but I've had enough of these bastards not following guidelines.

One teacher and two office staff at my work decided to have a girly drunken get together in one of their houses yesterday afternoon to celebrate breaking up for Xmas. They plastered drunken pics all cuddled up on together on the work watsapp group! I mean, are people that thick or just plane desperate. We’ve got one staff member fighting for her life with it as well. I fuckin give up. Off the head finds out they’re in big shit, not to mention they’re breaking the law

Sack them forward the pictures to the head and police

I know of a couple of groups of ppl who crossed county lines last night to have a night out in Alderley Edge, one group declaring it a ‘business meeting’. I know the hospitality sector is desperate for cash through the tills right now, but they have a duty to ensure the rules are being kept to.

One teacher and two office staff at my work decided to have a girly drunken get together in one of their houses yesterday afternoon to celebrate breaking up for Xmas. They plastered drunken pics all cuddled up on together on the work watsapp group! I mean, are people that thick or just plane desperate. We’ve got one staff member fighting for her life with it as well. I fuckin give up. Off the head finds out they’re in big shit, not to mention they’re breaking the law
And we are trusting these people with educating the future.....twats.

@roubaixtuesday was it your good self who put up a graph of vaccination rate Vs expected R number? Something like that, I cannot for the life of me find it. Apologies if not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.