COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with limited intelligence could see weeks ago London should have gone into tier 3.

My friend works at one of the big venues in London and because of the nature his role has been dealing with the local council and Public Health England.

PHE told him London had only just scraped into tier two when they made the announcement weeks ago and they were told to brace themselves for London to be in tier 3 by xmas. It was clearly known at the time that London needed tighter restrictions and it beggars belief that only a few days ago the government was threatening schools in London with legal action if they moved teaching online a weak early. We're so close now with the vaccine, it's crazy that theyve managed this so badly at this stage.

I'll breathe a lot easier when Porton Down confirm the vaccines work on this strain because it sounds very much as if the mutations are in the spike protein which is the site which the vaccines target.

Vallance's comments were a little reassuring but he was far from categorical on this.

We’ll see. My guess is that’s it’s less lethal but more transmissible.

I guess the hope would be that Covid is mutating itself into "just like having the flu", if we can get past this wave of it and get the vulnerable vaccinated then perhaps we'll be reaching a point where the 2 sides are converging and we can start to live alongside it.

I guess the hope would be that Covid is mutating itself into "just like having the flu", if we can get past this wave of it and get the vulnerable vaccinated then perhaps we'll be reaching a point where the 2 sides are converging and we can start to live alongside it.
It’s a hope, but we won’t know for a few weeks.

Hang on kaz they've been sharing public platforms with him giving him implied support.
They had to do joint briefings , i have always said that there should be seperate ones but boris controls that decision

Many many times they said things to temper down the enthusiasm and head in the sand ministers

Whitty in particular has never hid his feelings , they were taken off briefings when they took against boris and the cummings support , ministers reading the charts was hilarious , they say whatever they want to the commitee sessions , it has been different often

Sorry if i have strayed too much

Regardless of everything else - the decisions are Boris' responsibility.

I know I wouldn't want to work with him. He's too slinky. He'll put you off, then knick your idea too late. By which time you're throwing the kitchen sink at persuading him. He'll take the dodgiest argument you give him, and make that his reason for finally doing what was always inevitable, but unpopular.

All he's doing is making sure it'll always come back on you.

Which is a bit sad, because in a sensible world, if someone in charge constantly gets rolled over by weak arguments, that's their failing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.