COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, for me anyway ,this could have life or death for me had i not had training that allowed me to know i needed to get help really early,there are more important things than who the government is,i just want whoever it is to not ignore their own advice and do sensible/obvious things,i would feel a lot easier if they stopped large gatherings as they have done in other countries and other sports,it is a nonsense to ignore how people get there and back,our country is no different than anyone elses

They’re going to do it when it happens. The government thinks we’ll get a specific amount of time to lock down and they want to wait until the cases massively jumps to try and keep the NHS buoyed until the summer.

It’s really not fucking ideal but I get it.
I understand. The thing is, it seems funny you're copying our unwilling course of action; locking down when the case rate is in full spring. But maybe for you Brits it's going to work better than it has for us.
The whole run-up (that starts now) is going to take a toll out of the NHS. Arguably diluting the infection now with lock downs would have given the NHS more time to prepare through funds, reorganizing etc.

Do you really think no one studying this thought about people using public transport to and from games before declaring that football wasnt a notable risk?
Well he didn't mention the travelling bit but if you read the rest of their advice it is at odds with having people travelling in large groups in essentialy tin cans,if other countries are not letting people do it than why does he think we can,i would have liked him to explain his thinking on that

In real terms we are not bothered about how many of them die, we wont be wasting resources on those people

Boris in his statement had to include the line some of your loved ones will die before their time.

He needs to be forced to show the numbers that their strategy will condemn to die versus other

available strategies. The numbers will be huge, however they know this country and others like

us need a meteorite strike or an acceptable eugenics policy to provide acceptable social care for an

ageing population. Hes been handed an acceptable eugenics policy on back of a cov virus strategy.

Just watching " Beyond 100 days" on BBC. Sadly they are reporting in Italy how ICU beds will be allocated. Basically.....Old...no chance, Underlying conditions....no chance. Beds will be triaged and offered to those with best chance of recovery. In time I don't see how it will be any different here.

Next question - if it was ok for 50000 punters to attend the City Arsenal game and mingle freely then why cancel the game because three Arsenal players might have had contact with an infected person?
Might it be that the risk to the 'assets' on the pitch is greater than concern for the average punter?

I understand. The thing is, it seems funny you're copying our unwilling course of action; locking down when the case rate is in full spring. But maybe for you Brits it's going to work better than it has for us.
The whole run-up (that starts now) is going to take a toll out of the NHS. Arguably diluting the infection now with lock downs would have given the NHS more time to prepare through funds, reorganizing etc.

Yours might even be the best course of action in the long run. I don’t think we’ll know until we’re looking back on the whole thing.

They obviously have a level they want to keep it under, in terms of the NHS.

Well he didn't mention the travelling bit but if you read the rest of their advice it is at odds with having people travelling in large groups in essentialy tin cans,if other countries are not letting people do it than why does he think we can,i would have liked him to explain his thinking on that

Which countries have shut down all public transport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.