COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is exactly what they discussed in the press conference.

Open air sporting events you're not likely to infect many people. Small convention centre, everyone moving around and mingling, shaking hands etc is a disaster.

They have done large gathering for sport not the transport itself

But you said it was transport that was the problem. If public transport is the disaster you say it is, you must be arguing for it all to be shut down immediately.

I honestly am losing faith with the stupid cunts in this world. Quite clearly the most logical thing to do to avoid this illness is to stay at home with your family for a few weeks and don’t interact with anyone else. Don’t know if I’m missing anything, but fucking hell it doesn’t take a fucking genius to work out that’s the best and sensible way.
it would seem lockdown is the only way, like you say two weeks or three..i think it will come to complete lockdown with the MOD on the streets,we dont have to wait to do that it could be done today, before people start dying we could even lockdown segments of the country at a time

But you said it was transport that was the problem. If public transport is the disaster you say it is, you must be arguing for it all to be shut down immediately.
To the events, no event no people travelling to it crammed on a bus, or tram.

Jesus christ,it is so many people packed together inside sealed units that is the problem,if there is no event on it would stop millions doing it every week

Exactly what I mean. The UK government is predicting that if we lockdown too early then people would begin to ignore the quarantine after a period time and then it’d be ineffective at the time that it’s needed most.

That’s why they’re waiting.
I can see there are pros and cons as to how early the schools should close, closing them for long periods of time will cause huge problems for parents and eventually there will be pushback. But there isn’t much that they can do to ignore it.

I don’t see how this timing issue applies at all to preventing large gatherings for the purposes of entertainment. If we’re not allowed to go to sports events until august, that isn’t a restriction we can ignore. We’re stuck with it, like it or not. It doesn’t even count as lockdown.

I can see that at some point they’re going to have to take tough decisions comparable to those implemented in Italy and that they don’t want to do that too soon. But restricting large gatherings now shouldn’t have any impact on their ability to make those decisions when the time is right.

It’s counterproductive to the economy. The **** should just say it how it is.
That’s all they’re arsed about. They don’t want everyone off all at once as it will blow a hole in the economy and cost a lot of public money . Probably why he mentioned taking it on the chin the other

Jesus christ,it is so many people packed together inside sealed units that is the problem,if there is no event on it would stop millions doing it every week
To the events, no event no people travelling to it crammed on a bus, or tram.

But people travelling to events is a minuscule proportion of people traveling "packed together inside sealed units" and "crammed on a bus, or tram".

If that's the danger zone, we have to cancel public transport.

If a mass gathering wasn't happening then the strain on public transport would be less so i.e no need to be cramming people in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.