COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unfortunate enough to have to nip into Tesco at Padiham this lunchtime.
Myself and very few others wearing masks, kids running through the shop, as kids like to do, huddles of 40ish year olds chatting and blocking the isles.
Staff with their masks under their chins, shouting banter to their pals.
Expect it’s the same all over the country.
Stay safe, Blues.

Not round here it's not. Very rare to see someone without a mask.

Well I can agree it's a mess, and indeed only PHE (and/or Gov) know all the facts, but a lot of the data can be joined up. But yes we don't know enough sadly for one reason and another

Unfortunately it can't be joined none of it tallys. It's a waste of time even looking at it. Any conclusions are nonsense as none of it is baselined

My experience in supermarkets is that practically everyone wears a mask but practically nobody stays 2m away from each other.
I went to Ikea in Warrington today and it was fairly similar but the biggest problem was when walking around no-one would wait or give anyone else the time of day. Everyone was barging in front of each other etc and it was generally chaotic.

I don't think it's that big of a deal but it seems people will willingly wear a mask but still willingly budge a granny out of the way to get to a £2 scented candle first.

I've read today in Japanese culture that sickness is seen as a bad thing because of the effect it has on others which is why masks were normal pre-COVID. If you are sick, you stay at home or wear a mask to stop yourself spreading it.

I don't think a single person in this country thinks this way and we see this above with people still being selfish knobs. They wear a mask only because they believe it protects them from others which isn't actually remotely true.

So indeed if it means getting to the last bog roll first they'll do whatever it takes even if it means giving someone COVID.

I find the Governments (Bobby J) stance of... either come to an agreement by 12 o'clock on Tuesday, or we will ride roughshod and just impose tier 3 conditions on you is tantamount to outright bullying.

If the government are so keen to implement tier 3 in GM, why don't they just agree to the demands of the community and get on with it? It'll all end in tears (no pun intended).

Unfortunately it can't be joined none of it tallys. It's a waste of time even looking at it. Any conclusions are nonsense as none of it is baselined

i actually disagree, some of it tallies, but certainly not all of it by any means. MSOA to LTLA, for example, tallies when you take into account suppressed data and date of specimen.

17 day lockdown ahoy here. Take the positives; it means a ban on Halloween parties and parties for that god awful means of entertainment for the chronically stupid or frontally lobotomised - fireworks
Fireworks should be banned from sale this year, as there are no organised events every idiot in the world is going to be buying them, I’m expecting to be very very busy at work over bonfire week, take out the firework factor and not so many people will just stand round a fire in the back garden.

i actually disagree, some of it tallies, but certainly not all of it by any means. MSOA to LTLA, for example, tallies when you take into account suppressed data and date of specimen.

And does this tally with regional or national figures. No it doesn't. Its a waste of time looking at them. Fine if you want to practice your scikit or ggplot skills but that's it. No conclusions can be made from the data. You need access to the full data for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.