COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to shut supermarkets and reopen hospitality? We can all get food delivered they are not essential. Well be interesting to see if there is any reaction to this by the government.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-supermarkets-uk-exposure-nhs-b1748906.html
I don’t know if I’m being thick, but it says this is from the NHS app 9th nov to the 15th, when we were in lockdown and hospitality, gyms etc were shut. So supermarkets are bound to be higher?

GM Weekly Pop Score change Todays number (lowest best) and day to day fall over last 7 days:

(NB the big shifts mid week notably to Trafford, Salford and Manchester are due to the adding and detracting of lots of cases because of the redistribution of student cases to the borough where they resided) -

Trafford 149 (Last 7 days 389 - 384 - 379 - 372 - 241 -215 - 202 - 149)

Stockport 229 (341 - 360 - 344 - 347 - 287 - 280 - 262 - 229)

Bury 347 (526 - 547 - 515 - 512 - 438 - 408 - 407 - 347)

Bolton 356 (460 - 478 - 469 - 470 - 415 - 411 - 393 - 356)

Wigan 363 ( 504 - 508 - 486 - 470 - 453 - 431 - 428 - 363)

Tameside 389 (402 - 433 - 421 - 421 - 451 - 426 - 430 - 389)

Rochdale 473 (560 - 567 - 552 - 566 - 535 - 518 - 521 - 473)

Oldham 483 (665 - 675 - 625 - 619 - 601 - 594 - 559 - 483)

Salford 554 (487 - 508 - 475 - 479 - 637 - 623 - 617 - 554)

Manchester 868 (397 - 410 - 406 - 403 - 932 - 929 - 919 - 868)

GM used to dominate the over 500 'red watch lists. But the only two boroughs above that level are Salford and Manchester both caused by the huge add ons from student reallocation. In a few days they will both lose this factor as the cases added are last week's not this - so no GM borough will be on watch after dominating it for much of wave 2.

This is another very visible sign of the good direction GM is heading right now.

It's comfortably the second worst today behind Cheesy, with hogwash about masks when everyone knows their importance and benefit and the danger posed by those in enclosed spaces who don't wear them.

Would have been more honest for them to just admit they're not a decent, responsible human being and be done with it.
For those that say they can't wear a mask for health reasons I don't get why they can't wear a visor instead, they are not intrusive and don't affect breathing, may look a twat but it's unforgivable to try and circumvent the face covering rules with excuses that have no mitigation.

Can only comment on Oldham but everyone I know seems to have had it!

Waves will fade once the most susceptible and the most daring who brave the consequences catch and spread. So once you confine this to some degree it will slow. But we are nowhere near the point where enough will have had it to make this in effect kill the wave. It can suppress it. And minimise it. But if we emerge too early from the measures doing that and go out into the sunlight it will still be there ready to start over on the ones it missed.

I am presuming these things usually have 2 or 3 waves over the course of a couple of years in each region they spread to as they then reach a peak infection point where more have had it with some residual immunity each time and it becomes harder and harder to catch light and easier and easier to put out before the fire rages.

That is without things like a vaccine breaking the chain as was not there even in the 1918/1919 pandemic. But it fizzled out eventually after the third weakest wave. Though it was likely still 'out there' like many things are - just no longer a real threat to change the world over.

Not an expert or a scientist so I may have this entirely wrong but viruses do naturally become less virulent it would seem the more and more they spread. It just seems common sense this is part of why.

But I expect there is a lot more to it than this simplistic post infers.

I don’t know if I’m being thick, but it says this is from the NHS app 9th nov to the 15th, when we were in lockdown and hospitality, gyms etc were shut. So supermarkets are bound to be higher?

Good point, wonder which gyms were still open! Should put to bed the argument about closing schools at least. Schools are more important than supermarkets, anyone can get food delivered once a week or even go to their local shop. Kids need to be in school more than people need supermarkets.

Supermarkets are the most common place in England to contract coronavirus, new data has indicated.

Public Health England (PHE) retraced the steps and analysed the contacts of the 128,808 people using the NHS Test and Trace app to find where transmission is more likely to happen.

All had tested positive for Covid-19 between November 9 and November 15, Sky News reports.

For those who are determined to have a Christmas get together no matter what.

I can only hope that it's one of your family or friends that dies rather than someone less selfish than you.
I personally hope no fucker died no matter how selfish or how dangerous a decision you may or may not make. I hope that people like cheesy could see how ridiculous this kind of post is, given that most have struggled with all kinds of issues family, work and mentally, ignore this post from the above, think well act well and be well.

Supermarkets are the most common place in England to contract coronavirus, new data has indicated.

Public Health England (PHE) retraced the steps and analysed the contacts of the 128,808 people using the NHS Test and Trace app to find where transmission is more likely to happen.

All had tested positive for Covid-19 between November 9 and November 15, Sky News reports.

Shut them all! Not been in one for months always dirty at the best of times

Shut them all! Not been in one for months always dirty at the best of times
My big tescos has gone back to one in one out, always has trolley and basket cleaner and you have to sanitiser your hands, some are running just fine , dont touch anything you do t have to and sanitise on the way out and wear a mask

Most supermarkets are well organised with cleaner for trolleys and sanitiser etc. I've never felt uncomfortable being in them tbh. Also, I've yet to see NHS Track and Trace QR's at supermarkets since they were introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.