COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought homelessness in Manchester has risen under his watch but happy to be proven wrong
A good friend of mine works with homelessness. There is plenty of provision in a bricks and mortar sense, however you can lead the horse to water etc. Takeup isn't what it could be. Needs more work on the drugs side however. Anyway, that's for another thread.

I thought homelessness in Manchester has risen under his watch but happy to be proven wrong

If you think homelessness in Manchester is down to a local mayor rather than the Government then that’s seriously worrying.

It’s not a coincidence that the last time homelessness was so high was in the 80’s, before it dropped hugely in the late 90’s and 00’s.

Scotland 3 wks ago v 2 wks v last wk v today:

Deaths 39 v 45 v 50 v 51 today

Cases 1252 v 1216 v 1089 v 1225 today. Obvious stalling,

Patients 1252 v 1207 v 1212 v 1125 today. Starting to fall clearly.

Ventilated: 95 v 98 v 85 v 90 today - less clear and unsurprising given the continuing high deaths.

No coincidence that the day before these tier levels are released we have the highest death total released in months.

It almost as though some figure were deliberatly held back to help justify these decisions.

Tbh (despite everything) I was feeling a tad optimistic last week with the vaccination news.
Now today we have the AZ/Oxford vaccine dipped in a little negativity (although it might something or nothing).
And then this Tier system splitting and dividing.
Lending votes so 'get something done' from a chancer.
The worse thing is I can't seen a strong opposition (due to bloody in fighting).

The utter state of everything.

You might get lucky in Lancaster. Low numbers and your neighbouring regions are pretty low.
The Lancaster area has infection rates which are lower than every district in Merseyside but is now in Tier 3. Infection rates are higher in adjacent Cumbria (three times higher in Carlisle). Yet another masterstroke by the bungling fools in our government. They have managed to alienate everyone from the anti-lockdown brigade to sensible people who would like to follow the science. All the decisions have been politically driven.

According to the BBC pundits debating this Liverpool has been a success because they supported the mass testing and it has brought cases down and other areas in the north did not.

Is there any evidence at all for that?

Numbers were falling before the testing. Was not take up quite low? So how much difference did this really make?

But the BBC seems to think not supporting mass testing and wanting to target health workers and care homes instead for testing was the big mistake Manchester made.

I cannot see that making much sense. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.