COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Politically, that may prove a tad unpopular.
Only for those who have yet to understand the implicatons of a virus doubling every 6-7 days in an enormous population centre. Of course we must assess the impact of Tier 4, and effectiveness, and availability of vaccines.

My worries are abating a little because no one yet has said that there is an issue with the vaccines and I find it unthinkable that they haven't been looking at this for some while. I also find it reassuring that no reinfections have been reported.

In one sense we are really unfortunate that this has occurred at this moment. On the other perhaps we are fortunate that it did so now and not earlier. On the other hand, perhaps it occurs now precisely because the virus is coming under selective pressure i.e. we will see more variants in future.

That's as I see it too. As soon as that passes, every GP and many pharmacies will get boxloads of the stuff, and quite possibly other big centres too for anyone not registered. Many will be happy to open for long hours to get it done.

Setting e.g. army medics and any volunteers trained in injections would allow fairly high throughput in sports halls, etc.

The difficulty is probably recordkeeping.
any volunteers trained in injections,

Well am stating now I want a medical trained person & not..
images (13).jpeg

German scientist on BBC saying probably all over Europe but they don't have as much sophisticated equipment to detect variants.

Appreciate these graphs you post. Makes it nice and simple for me.
Although it does depress me living in the area with the lowest figures in Lancashire, and neighboring the second and third lowest. However I understand we are all in it together.
Have been quite surprised throughout the pandemic how few have died in Fylde considering its renowned for being God's waiting room.

German scientist on BBC saying probably all over Europe but they don't have as much sophisticated equipment to detect variants.
this is surely the case and could be what is driving some bigger numbers round and about recently. In the UK we do lots of sequencing i believe, compared to other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.