Covid: Personal views

could do a quiz show.

Fact or Conspiracy....
It'd just end up run by the jews and illuminati to cover up their evil deeds ;-)
One reason I find it hard to buy into the world domination ones are that the human life is too short. We basically spend 80 years here, the first 20 arsing about, and the last 20 sleeping and dribbling. That only leaves 40 years tops to become part of / perpetuate the new world order, when the most you can really achieve is paying off the mortgage. I can see why Hitler got impatient.

Personal views

NB
: me nonmedical, but Mrs JASR is. Virus is not her speciality, but she belongs to a support network of many thousands that includes immunologists, viroligists, epidemilogists, so is well informed and read. You may win an arguement with Mrs JASR, but you better not be bullshitting, as she'll destroy you with facts once she's had a chance to research!

Pandemic planning:
Mrs JASR started prepping for this back in January, as it became clear that without a large lockdown the virus had 'escaped' from one area and was particularly virulent. She decided to tell the JASR extended family in Febuary, including disbelieving close old relatives far away, which were told (in person) in strong terms not to take it lightly and that it would be the last time she'd see them for awhile...
Point taken: It's not 'flu', Don't dick about with how serious it is.

UK Govt response:
With hindsight, should have locked down back at the start of Feb (closed borders, testing at borders for essential people, track and trace in place, masks from day 1, washing, social distancing etc) - But that clearly wasn't going to happen, nobody could be expected to make that decision (as it was so unbelievable), to effectively cut the UK off from the rest of the world, when the number of UK cases was in the 10's.
Point taken: Too little, too late, but generally understandable (other than not stopping things like Cheltenham, Athletico etc).

Masks (effectiveness):
Generally the effectiveness data is weak, but the premise of protecting others, not yourself, by wearing a mask, is clear. (cf why do surgeons wear masks when performing Ops...?)
Point taken: Every little helps

Masks (usage):
There are very few medical reasons why an individual can't wear a mask (Maybe the lack of ears?).
Surgeons wear them for very long operations (18hrs+) at a time.
My 1st world problem, it can steam up your glasses.
Point taken: Wear a bloody mask, and if you can't you better have one of the very rare conditions that means you can't, else IMHO you are self absorbed and uncaring of others.

Medical views:
I think I'd tend to follow the advice about the virus from immunologists, viroligists, epidemilogists rather than some of the more vocal oncologists, orthopeadics etc. or nonMedical people in general.
Also Mrs JASR hasn't said anything contrary to general advice given (after lockdown happened).
Point taken: Not all medical experts are experts in fields that are not their speciality.

People:
Point taken:
The world further moves to people being just labelled as 'this' or 'that' and the continuum between views is lost and dismissed. :-(

It'd just end up run by the jews and illuminati to cover up their evil deeds ;-)
One reason I find it hard to buy into the world domination ones are that the human life is too short. We basically spend 80 years here, the first 20 arsing about, and the last 20 sleeping and dribbling. That only leaves 40 years tops to become part of / perpetuate the new world order, when the most you can really achieve is paying off the mortgage. I can see why Hitler got impatient.

I concur.

Personal views

NB
: me nonmedical, but Mrs JASR is. Virus is not her speciality, but she belongs to a support network of many thousands that includes immunologists, viroligists, epidemilogists, so is well informed and read. You may win an arguement with Mrs JASR, but you better not be bullshitting, as she'll destroy you with facts once she's had a chance to research!

Pandemic planning:
Mrs JASR started prepping for this back in January, as it became clear that without a large lockdown the virus had 'escaped' from one area and was particularly virulent. She decided to tell the JASR extended family in Febuary, including disbelieving close old relatives far away, which were told (in person) in strong terms not to take it lightly and that it would be the last time she'd see them for awhile...
Point taken: It's not 'flu', Don't dick about with how serious it is.

UK Govt response:
With hindsight, should have locked down back at the start of Feb (closed borders, testing at borders for essential people, track and trace in place, masks from day 1, washing, social distancing etc) - But that clearly wasn't going to happen, nobody could be expected to make that decision (as it was so unbelievable), to effectively cut the UK off from the rest of the world, when the number of UK cases was in the 10's.
Point taken: Too little, too late, but generally understandable (other than not stopping things like Cheltenham, Athletico etc).

Masks (effectiveness):
Generally the effectiveness data is weak, but the premise of protecting others, not yourself, by wearing a mask, is clear. (cf why do surgeons wear masks when performing Ops...?)
Point taken: Every little helps

Masks (usage):
There are very few medical reasons why an individual can't wear a mask (Maybe the lack of ears?).
Surgeons wear them for very long operations (18hrs+) at a time.
My 1st world problem, it can steam up your glasses.
Point taken: Wear a bloody mask, and if you can't you better have one of the very rare conditions that means you can't, else IMHO you are self absorbed and uncaring of others.

Medical views:
I think I'd tend to follow the advice about the virus from immunologists, viroligists, epidemilogists rather than some of the more vocal oncologists, orthopeadics etc. or nonMedical people in general.
Also Mrs JASR hasn't said anything contrary to general advice given (after lockdown happened).
Point taken: Not all medical experts are experts in fields that are not their speciality.

People:
Point taken:
The world further moves to people being just labelled as 'this' or 'that' and the continuum between views is lost and dismissed. :-(

Fine post and that’s pretty much where I stand on CV19 at the moment.
In saying that this has affected people in varying ways. We currently have the perception that the virus is weakening quite drastically and at the same time people are losing their jobs or have the horrible situation of having to let their employees go...so I understand the anger.
It’s been a horrid, weird year.

I'm as much much of a Grassy Knollington as anyone but I think all the conspiracy theories are junk and do damage to the cause of investigating REAL conspiracies

I hated this knobhead anyway but .....

without vaccinations and some level of country-wide immunity, you cannot stop covid-19 from spreading and retain a functioning economy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.