Craig Bellamy

Re: Craig Bellamy....no Berkovic repaeat

Agree with the comments on a lot of this thread. Here's my summary on the Bellamy issue plus the overall strategy:

1. Don't sell to rivals. But if we did sell to Spurs it has to be after the 14th and have no repeat of the scenario under Keegan where Berkovic was given away to Portsmouth days before we went to Fratton Park, only for him to line up against us. How Mr. Bung must have laughed!

2. If there is to be a sale we should not undersell. Quote top prices. We can afford to keep homebred players for the new rulings. Ireland, Richards, Bellamy, should alll be £12-£15m minimum, Onouha £10m before we should consider selling.

3. Mimimise the money distributed to our immediate rivals. Hughes gave Wenger nearly £40m last summer, before you even consider Lescott and Moyes.

4. By buying from Europe, it allows clubs like Barcelona, the funds to weaken our rivals, .....possible Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal with the Yaya money?

5. Keep putting in "approaches", for players we know are under scrutiny by our rivals, to inflate the price any potential competitor will have to play, because City were "interested". That way we maximise our financial muscle at the expense of our rival clubs.

I hope I'm right in thinking our owners and operatives now know how to maximise the spending power. The lack of spending by others at the moment just shows what a huge advantage we have even over the likes of Chelsea!

Most people agree that last season our defense and central midfield were weaker than our main rivals. As we finished fifth and pretty close to fourth it kind of implies that our attack was reasonably strong and most of those players of top four standard.
Bellamy was a pretty important part of that attack. He has more pace than anyone else in the team or that we have signed and more aggression than pretty much anyone in attack other than Tevez.
Silva may well be a better player than him but I cannot see that having Bellamy as an alternative in a 25 man squad is anything other than a good thing, he has a very diffent skillset. He has said himself that as more talented players arrive he does not expect to play every game but that he is going to fight for his place in the side.
Pretty much the ideal attitude in a squad player, selling him to one of our main rival IMHO would be madness.

Thanks for last season, you were brilliant and I really took to you (for the first time ever), but after your fun and games with Redknapp after the Spurs game you can fuck right off and you will not be missed.

If we sell and Spurs want him, then we should wait until the very latest to sanction the deal. September 1st at midnight.

No way should we sell him only for him to face us in the first game of the season.

If I was him at his age I would stay for the better money and to pace himself to play more years to prolong his career (as he will not get a huge amout of games) If he feels he is lacking agme she can still play for Wales.

Gosford Blue said:
What's the chances of Bellamy being in a spurs shirt at our first game of the season. I bloody hope not.

I know it's probably a load of bollocks but the story doesn't seem to be going away about his move to London.

I would be gutted to se hm go - i would be fookin angry if we sold him to any of our competitors especially Spuds - he is just too good to let go.

i hope bellers does not leave city as he is a smashing player and always gives 120%,ive met him a few times back here in belfast, he used to drink in a bar called the hattfield(this was in his celtic days) just a few quiet pints nothing mad.also on my mind is super man stevie ireland,if he leaves the club i will be gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sort of move can only back fire on us as it did with dunne

Gosford Blue said:
What's the chances of Bellamy being in a spurs shirt at our first game of the season. I bloody hope not.

I know it's probably a load of bollocks but the story doesn't seem to be going away about his move to London.

I think its nailed on he will be at Spurs. Personally I'm not too worried, he did fook all after Hughes left.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 am --<br /><br />
AntMcfc said:
Thanks for last season, you were brilliant and I really took to you (for the first time ever), but after your fun and games with Redknapp after the Spurs game you can fuck right off and you will not be missed.

^^Agree totally, saw it too and was not impressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.