Creative Midfielder

Whilst Elano does have moments of brilliance , Ireland has to be the number one choice for consistency, mid season Elano was really hard to watch

Teavee75 said:
Do we reckon Barry will play on the left, or in central midfield? Guess it depends on the formation.

Do we regard our current holding midfielders, De Jong and Kompany as 'top 4' class players? Thats the standard every player has to meet now. With abundent attacking option, its holding midfielder that will be the key position...

Regardless of wether or not you think VK is "top 4 class" he was probably out second best and most consistant player behind ireland, so i dont think he has any problem stepping up to fight for whatever spot he deserves on the team, and how do you think players become top four caliber? thats right by being given a shot and he has put no foot wrong yet

we've got one already fatty Johnson.
Though I think schinjder is as good a central midfield player as anyone in the world.
Fabregas or iniesta if I'm dreaming.

bigblue77 said:
Teavee75 said:
Do we reckon Barry will play on the left, or in central midfield? Guess it depends on the formation.

Do we regard our current holding midfielders, De Jong and Kompany as 'top 4' class players? Thats the standard every player has to meet now. With abundent attacking option, its holding midfielder that will be the key position...

Regardless of wether or not you think VK is "top 4 class" he was probably out second best and most consistant player behind ireland, so i dont think he has any problem stepping up to fight for whatever spot he deserves on the team, and how do you think players become top four caliber? thats right by being given a shot and he has put no foot wrong yet

I wasnt suggesting that they werent up to it, just asking if people thought they were...

Some players will be able to step up to top 4 standard...others sadly will be left behind. Our great frailty in the last year or two has been defensively, so it stands to reason that our defensive mindfield/defence might need an upgrade.

To go back to the OP, I really dont think we need another midfielder this season, well not unless one of the A-List becomes available.

They do say that Becks wants to get back in the Prem
;^@

The problem we have is Barry and De Jong have not come to sit on the bench and Ireland has just had an amazing season so how do you attract a top class midfielder when one of the 1st questions they will ask is 'Where do I fit into the team?'. With no European football any potential signing is going to expect to play the majority of games this season so if we do sign someone I can only see it being a youngster who is told that they are one for the future!

Cobwebcat said:
We already create loads from midfield. Robinho played RM last season.

We need 3 defenders (2 centre halves and a left back)

One final striker would be the cherry on the cake.

Looks like Terry, Lescott and one other defensively.

Adebayor is the last striker.

Then it's time for a clear out of 9 or 10 of our squad.

we have bridge and Lescott (if he comes) would be cover. why do people on here suddenly dont have any faith in a player that we only sioned in jan, he will come good this season

TheRevolution said:
I wouldn't take anyone. I'd keep Ireland because he even said himself that he's nowhere near his full potential and he said he wants a stand to be named after him. Next City legend I think so no-one will replace him.

Greedy fucker, you'd think having a country named after you would be enough.

I dont know how more creative we can be, we have a great right winger, a great left winger, two out and out passing midfielders who one who can track back, a midfielder in Barry that can do a bit of attacking and a bit of defending and now we have two players that can do the Peter Bearsley role in the hole.

we need Lescott and Terry, then we just need to build tactically . I'm not even that arsed with Adebyor (Spelling!!!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.