Creepy or unusual things that have happened to you.

Few years ago went in the Chinese chippy on Ashton New Road pre match. Had a spare ticket so one of my sons mates came with us. They were talking in the queue about exams. Sons mate was having extra maths after school. My lad asked with which teacher. Mr Jackson was the reply. Bloke just in front of us in queue turns round and it's Mr Jackson!!!

I've had plenty of the coincidence type stuff, small world etc., I enjoy those experiences.

One thing I didn't enjoy, about 20 years ago, was a very vivid nightmare about being on a bus on Oxford Road but turning left at the Lass O' Gowry and suddenly being out in the middle of nowhere. I demanded to get off and the driver chucked me off but as he whizzed away, i noticed a young girl figure on the back row. The dream turned into a sort of floating eye view of the scene, as they do, and the girl was murdered.

The following story was on the radio when i got to work the next day (didn't have a smart phone or laptop on the internet at work). I've never, ever forgotten a detail of that episode. I took an hour off to collect myself. very weird indeed.

As for more lighthearted small-world stuff, I went to a party in Glasgow many years ago, as a yoof, and me and a mate got wrecked and shaved some random lad's eyebrow off in the middle of the night. Stupid drunk prank. Many years later (12?), living in New Zealand in the middle of nowhere, a tourist drops into my local on the way through to somewhere more glamourous and we get chatting as he's English. We talked of days gone by, where he'd gone to school etc, and he recounted a tale of a party in Scotland where some nob had shaved his eyebrow off when he was piss drunk. I looked on in horror/amazement as he told this tale, i couldn't resist, i had to fess up and check it was the same guy - it was.

Several years ago I was on a plane back from Malta and I was sat next to a smart lady in her mid thirties,

We exchanged some small talk, and she told me she was from Accrington, but lived in Malta as she had married a Maltese man who owned a sports shop on the island.

She was travelling back to England to attend her father's 70th birthday party that was being held in a large marquee in their garden.

By co-incidence I actually knew her dad who was a wealthy local businessman.

We arrived back in Manchester, said goodbye and I forgot all about her,

Nine months later I was flying back to Malta and was sat next to a lady in her late sixties, so we got chatting.

She explained that she was flying out to visit her daughter, who married a Maltese man who owned a sports shop...............

There were nearly 250 seats on the planes, what were the odds on that?
When I read 9 months later I was expecting a story of a mile high club rendezvous.

There's an old story of coincidence and spookiness which I can't remember! Oh ffs you cry. But, I bet somebody here knows it - goes along the lines of somebody walking past a phonebox (so the story is quite old), which rings, they pick it up and the person on the other end is either related to them, but certainly knows them.

Anyone know that story? It's not personal and it might be a bit of folklore but it's a good one.

There's an old story of coincidence and spookiness which I can't remember! Oh ffs you cry. But, I bet somebody here knows it - goes along the lines of somebody walking past a phonebox (so the story is quite old), which rings, they pick it up and the person on the other end is either related to them, but certainly knows them.

Anyone know that story? It's not personal and it might be a bit of folklore but it's a good one.

No sorry mate..

But @Blue Mist might be able to ask his dog.

Was there a bike leaning against the outside of this phonebox?

Here's a spooky one. Before I go into the following story, you should all know that I don't really believe in ghosts, the afterlife, spirits, stuff like that. I'm open to the idea of it but can't really see how it works. Neither does my dad.

Anyway.

I was born in 1994. My parents bought my family home and moved into it in 1992. The previous owners were an elderly couple, Mr and Mrs Burton. Mrs Burton needed 24-hour care and sadly her husband had died in the house, so she unfortunately needed to be moved into a care home, which meant the house got put on the market - this is when my parents moved in. They never met Mrs Burton, they never met any of her family, they never spoke to anyone connected to them, they were just told about the Burtons' situation by the estate agents during the mortgage process.

Anyway, 1994 arrives and I'm born. For my first birthday in 1995, my parents buy me one of those hollow plastic phones you get for kids. They're normally red or yellow and come as part of a set. Anyway, one day me and my dad were out in the back garden. My dad's hanging the washing up, I'm just toddling about and learning to walk. I'm talking a load of gibberish and gobbledygook into this plastic phone. Just to humour me, my dad turns to me and asks, "Who are you speaking to on the phone there, Rob?"

My response? "Burton".

Years later when my dad was telling me this story he said he just froze on the spot and tried to work out when I could have possibly heard the word "Burton", either from my parents or from someone else, and he couldn't remember a thing. He asked my mum and she couldn't work out where I might have heard the word either. So, with the disclaimer that neither me nor my dad are into ghosts, spirits, the afterlife, etc. that story is probably the only example we have of truly believing that something paranormal might have been going on.

I once did the Ouija Board on my own and the spirit knew EVERYTHING about me. Even my deepest, darkest secrets. Spooky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.