Creepy or unusual things that have happened to you.

I used to do ‘live in care’ of palliative or dementia patients. The last package I ever did was a very wealthy family in the Lake District - the mum was in her early 50’s and had terrible early onset Alzheimer’s disease. It was so bad she hadn’t spoken in a few years and would just scream or make guttural noises while charging around the house. One morning I was walking her down the stairs and she stopped, turned and looked me right in the eye and said “My life is over”. She then turned away from me and started down the stairs again. She never said another word for the next 3 years before she died. Absolutely freaked me out when she said it!

Not creepy, but unusual.

Went to India over 30yrs ago. Was in a town on the coast in Goa, right in the monsoon season, which was late arriving. Anyway no tourists there at that time of year and pretty much deserted. Me and my friend hired scooters and we pooted half an hour inland until we rocked up at some remote village, can't even remember the name of it.

Found a small restaurant with a bar upstairs. Again, deserted. Went up for a drink and (baring in mind we hadn't seen any other white people for probably two days), turned around and in the corner sat two young women who were drinking in my local in London two weeks before I left for India.

It's a small world. Massive, but small.

You are David Bowie and I claim my £5

I thought his was one permanently dilated pupil? Rather than odd colours?

Mine are two noticeably different colours anyway. One very blue, one very green. Definitely attracts some funny looks sometimes!

We bought our dog 7 years ago as puppy from a breeder 55 miles away from us. Three weeks later he started puppy training classes on the same day his brother did. We didn't know the owners but it turned out they lived round the corner from us.
3 years ago we bought a static caravan in Wales. By an amazing coincidence, the couple who we'd never met but had a caravan 2 doors down and live in Chester owned our dogs sister.

Last edited:
Was in Cyprus on holiday with the Mrs. Buses are dirt cheap so went to the bus depot to get a bus along the coast. We just missed the one we wanted so went into a cafe for a coffee to while away the hour until the next bus.
We sat down and at the table next to us was an elderly couple chatting. She was from Scotland and I recognised the brogue. Excuse me said I but is that an Ayrshire accent? She said it was and asked how I recognised it. I told her that despite me being a born and bred Manc my dad was a Scot born in a little village outside Glasgow called Newmilns. How strange she answered that was where she was from. We continued chatting and it transpired she was raised on the same estate as my dad at the same time, a few doors apart and that her first fling had been dad’s elder brother!

Small world indeed.

Last edited:
I thought his was one permanently dilated pupil? Rather than odd colours?

Mine are two noticeably different colours anyway. One very blue, one very green. Definitely attracts some funny looks sometimes!
Bowie’s eyes were not different colours. He suffered from anisocoria, which paralysed one iris making it unable to react to light, making his eyes appear different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.