Cricket Thread

Hoping we bat at 8 runs an over now, to put some jeopardy into this game...

Well played Atkinson.

The simple answer is Jimmy Anderson is not good enough to keep his place in the test team
Not sure, he had a poor Ashes where bizarrely he wasn’t getting the ball to swing. He still barely goes for any runs. Due to age you’re only ever one bad series away from people saying you’re past it. I think it should be still picked on merit.

We’re certainly not in a Ronaldo situation where he’s shite and significantly weakening the team. His spell for Lancs last week showed he’s still got plenty of quality left in him.

Not sure, he had a poor Ashes where bizarrely he wasn’t getting the ball to swing. He still barely goes for any runs. Due to age you’re only ever one bad series away from people saying you’re past it. I think it should be still picked on merit.

We’re certainly not in a Ronaldo situation where he’s shite and significantly weakening the team. His spell for Lancs last week showed he’s still got plenty of quality left in him.

But we are in the Ronaldo situation, He's not going to get 20-odd test wickets in the season anymore is he.
He's finished at international because England would be carrying him when there is somebody better.

2 years too long for me, Really should have gone with Broad in the ashes

But we are in the Ronaldo situation, He's not going to get 20-odd test wickets in the season anymore is he.
He's finished at international because England would be carrying him when there is somebody better.

2 years too long for me, Really should have gone with Broad in the ashes
Which English bowlers are better than Anderson currently?

Bat for the rest of today and (hopefully) up to near tea tomorrow; they should be nearly 300 ahead by then. Declare, and put the Windies back in. I can’t see them getting 300,judging from their first innings. Would love to see Jimmy getting a couple of wickets in his final innings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.