Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? Granted we did not really have him last season (20 appearances, 6 goals) but the season before that he scored 23 goals in 32 appearances. Before that 32 goals in 46 appearances... I can go on?
Fair point it just seems like he's missed most of the last few seasons. Didn't mean to slag him off.

One part of me is relieved because we seem to be very sensible in our signings these days, we don’t bow to agents and player power. Also ronaldo could’ve caused trouble in a pretty harmonious dressing room. I have to admit though I’m slightly gutted we aren’t getting ronaldo but we have to trust the guys running our club. We really could do with a prolific striker and I just don’t know who on earth we could get right now
The main thing which is gutting about Ronaldo isn't getting him, but the inevitable crowing from the rags.

As far as the overall window is concerned, happy with the Grealish transfer; actually perfectly content with the individual decisions on Kane and Ronaldo - those were probably the right calls - it's just the overall failure to bring in a striker which is depressing.

If we don't bring in anyone else, I really hope that we at least bring in Delap and find out how good he really is.

I sincerely hope we don't

We are simply bad at transfers. why the fook did we prioritise paying 100M for grealish when our first priority should have been to sign a striker and LB.
It's the time we waste I have the issue with.

Ok we set our value for an incoming player, if the selling club wont sell for that value, move on and quickly.

We have wasted months over Kane and a ridiculous gentleman's agreement. We knew what Levy would be like to deal with but still went through the motions.

Same with the Kompany replacement, same with the LB situation and now the Kun replacement.

Kun was always going to be difficult and expensive to replace, it was not a time to be shy and reserved, it was a time to be vulgar with our wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.