Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trick here is getting him on something like a 1+1 deal.

We can't be paying his insane wages for even 1 season more than he is useful.

Remove who he used to play for from the equation and I think this could be a very good short term deal.

Not only will he score plenty of goals, the guy dragged that Madrid side to multiple Champions league titles through what felt like pure refusal to lose, and his work ethic, professionalism and dedication to the sport cannot be questioned.

There's a lot of players in this squad who could learn a lot from him. I mentioned Ferran yesterday, but Sterling is another, Jesus too. I think older players like KDB could learn a lot by seeing how hes managed to keep playing at the top level into his late 30s by being in incredible shape.

And if some of his arrogance and self belief rubbed off on the rest of the squad it would be well worth the money. The players don't carry themselves like the best team in Europe in big games, and that hurts us at times. We often seem brittle when things go against us instead of acting like its just a speed bump on the way to winning.

However if we give him a 3 year contract or something and end up paying him to sit on the bench then its going to be a massive waste of money (which we then won't have to spend elsewhere).
Agreed.

Good afternoon. Some chap has posted this on FB. This is at odds with what SSN have just stated that PSG are interested, and that Juve have said he's not going.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210825-155258_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210825-155258_Facebook.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 262
Say we gave him a 2 year deal, he struggles and we want to shift him next summer.

Does anyone picture him as the type to sit on the sidelines collecting his wage for a season? I don't.

When he's done at the top level, he'll go home to Sporting, go to the US or retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.