Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be City that pulled the plug on Kane when the Ronaldo opportunity arose? Getting one of the best players of all time for a free or a small fee for a couple of years making enough time for Delap to mature or for us to get say Haaland next year

I think if the Kane deal could have been done for a fee that we considered he was worth, then we would have signed him no matter who else was available. I think the club saw Kane as the best fit for what we are looking for. The problem was that the deal become unviable as we couldn't agree with Spurs valuation.

Could have done the same with Messi but we didn't weirdly.
Could be because we were pissed at Messi not coming last time he had the possibility. Sam Lee hinted something of the sort, saying we were not ready to push the boat out to Messi again.

Take it with pinch of salt.

That is true, last night DiMarzio and some others reported Moise Kean is the main target (obviously wanted out of Everton) and Jovic is the backup because both will be available for loan + buying option.

The idea that Ronaldo isn't City's style in terms of personality is a bit misguided to me. He's a leader and keeps himself in incredible condition, very dedicated professional. He's motivated chiefly by glory, will want to elevate all those around him. Imagine how buzzing the Portuguese boys will be.

I dunno, I think these are good traits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.