Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo wants to go back to Spain though right?

I mean, I know it's closer but still...

Well the guy's an absolute tosser and I also find it kind of odd that nobody is concerned over the fact that there's a fairly credible rape allegation hanging over him that has never really been properly addressed. I know this kind of chat never goes down well on here though so Im out.
Amazing how that incident never gets mentioned.

I'm sure if he signs for City it will be mentioned a lot more.

At £25mil though, with a bit of negotiation, surely we can get it done for £15/20mil. Just pay the fee. Fuck it. Then let Bernie go on his favoured loan to Atletico or Barca etc. His deal is until 2025 so no biggie as we can get the transfer concluded another time, we know he will retain his value, he’s too good not to.
The £25m isnt for Juventus its to pay the remainder of his 2 years left on his contract , his agent then wants "only" £250k a week for another two year contract with us , probably a total cost of £50m for two years , which for a player of his stature isnt stupid money , despite his age.
Its just the thought of his name being on the back of our shirt i can't get to grips with , the saving grace is imagine the pain the Rags will go through when he scores a last minute winner in a derby game at the Swamp , that would be priceless.

If we sign him it will obviously help cover the striker position for a year or two, and he is still capable of scoring lots of goals.

My issue with the transfer though and the reason I voted no is because of the fact that we are in this position and having to sign a 36 year old whose career will soon be at an end.

This is the sort of signing we would have made 5-10 years ago, not now when we are at the top and looking to continue our dominance. It's the lack of medium-lomger term planning which also frustrates me. This is a very short term, last minute, knee jerk move.

I'm sure once the dust settles we all cheer his goals, but I don't think we should have to cover a gap like this in such last minute desperation.
It’s a stop gap. Either we’re extremely confident Delap can be nurtured or we’re using it until we can get the talent we deem suitable.

So to paraphrase

You say anyone who says he wouldn’t improve us is a liar but then say Pep may not share your opinion. So everyone else would be a liar except Pep who may have a different opinion. So other supporters can’t have a different opinion they must be liars. Or would Pep also be a liar if he said he wouldn’t improve us.

You do see the problem with this rather daft logic no?
I said pep wouldn't want him, not that he doesn't think he's a great player. I don't think he's Peps type of player. Also my post was a light hearted comment don't take bluemoon so seriously.

If you didn't see the interview why would you just accept the takeaway stated that 'he confirmed he was leaving'?

Edit. checked back and I see it wasn't you that said it, but are responding to the response, so I apologise. But I'll leave the question there as a general one.
Men had a headline and posters were reporting it as fact. We have had the best manager in football arguably of all time for the longest stint of his career I guess I having been expect pep to comfirm his departure for awhile now hope he signs a 10 year extension its been a pleasure watching his side.

Bernardo wants to go back to Spain though right?

I mean, I know it's closer but still...
Bernardo has never played in Spain. I think it’s more a case of he’s not a fan of the Manchester weather anymore… that’s what I took from all the stories.

on the basis of that then its about me 'Pep' are you saying he wouldnt select/buy a player on his personal issues put before the clubs success
Yes as its him who has to balance the squad. He may look at the ability but then make the decision that his personality won't fit. Most managers who have the decision making power of Pep do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.