Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the people who don’t want him not want him because he’s an ex rag, or because of his ego? or both?

I'm really surprised about some of the replies on this thread.

I'm no fan of United, but I give credit where it is due. I don't think anyone can accuse Ronaldo of not giving his absolute all into training, playing, looking after himself - just look at him.

Ronaldo is one of the greatest players of all time. There's absolutely no questioning that at all - he's proven himself in England, Spain, Italy and on the international stage. He's got 674 goals in 897 games. These are the kind of figures that players in the 1920s would get - only Messi gets anywhere near that. That's the level we're talking about. Aguero is my all time favourite City player, but even if he stayed fit he wouldn't be near Ronaldo's records and Aguero was only ever a striker. Look at Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Weah, Ronaldinho, Shearer etc - they are miles behind.

It's not to belittle Aguero's achievement, or anyone elses, but to show that Ronaldo is - along with Messi - a level above every other player who's played football for the last 30 years, if not ever.

His goal scoring record is absolutely phenomenal and his ability to score big goals is too. If he signs, put money on him scoring on his debut. And in the next game. And the next.

He isn't some 36 year old who's washed up and looking for cash. Look at his physique, he is absolutely ripped and still has pace to burn.

This a guy who wants to play at the highest level for as long as he can. He knows he hasn't got much time left and wants to win as much as he can. He wants to make sure that his name is mentioned along with Pele, Maradona etc in decades to come. That's Ronaldo's calibre and we don't have any player in our squad who is at his level. He will love to work with Pep and Pep will know that if he can't have Messi, Ronaldo is absolutely the next player who can turn games on their head. He would've won us the CL last year. He knows that if he signs for us then he has the chance, with Pep to win 2 Quadruples and that will him Ballon D'ors - it will rankle him that Messi has more.

We know this summer there's not the money in Europe and we know Bernardo wants to go to a warmer climate. That's fine and he'll go with my absolute best wishes as he has been a great player and model pro. If we can get Ronaldo in for free, send Bernardo on loan for a year with a £30m fee after it, it's not bad business. We get one of the greatest players of all time, we've replaced Bernardo with Grealish and get a fee in a years time. it's not my ideal choice and I'd value Bernardo ordinarily at £70m. But we're not in ordinary times.

Honestly, look at Ronaldo's stats. Tell me that you're unimpressed. He's absolutely capable this season of scoring 40 goals no question. We need a guy who can finish, head the ball, take penalties. His free kicks are off the scale as well.

We haven't got Kane, but Ronaldo for 2 years would be more than good enough.

Just imagine how Foden, McAtee, Palmer etc feel when they'd come to training and are playing against one of the best players of all time.

I hope the club sort this out.
And imagine how fucking gutted the rags will be hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.