Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has changed British football for good, thats how great he has been, his team lacks passion for the big match and his ego gets in the way of changes during the match it seems, however what do I know I don't rate Sterling has high as most on here.

I don't think people are particularaly criticising Pep or his achievements, as to do so would he idiotic, he is bar far the best manager we have ever had and his record for us and effect in the Premier league is second to none.

Any derby defeat will ilicit moaning from fans as it's a derby and no one should be happy to lose one, even if ultimately we still won the tie.

Also his lack at times of understanding the fanbase, who at present (may change one day) are not tourists glory hunters like you find at the rags, scouser, barca, bayern etc so don't buy into the champs league wins equals a big club or will buy tickets just to have a day out, and then coming out with some recent comments for our rivals on a club level can irk some.

Also it isn't like we haven't always been sensitive to a managers lack of passionate coments after a derby game, remeber machins boring response to the 5-1 of "It's just another game" that pissed off the fans, wrong comment at the wrong time.

Pep is and always will be a city legend, nothing will change that

I wasn't pissed off last night about pep, I was pissed off at the players not finishing off the rags and being wasteful, and that is where most criticism has been at players under performing.

Last edited:
Fair bit of revisionist thinking on here regarding pep’s tactics in big matches.

5 proper trophies in 3 seasons suggests he gets it bang on when it counts a lot more often than he doesn’t.

It just goes to show that the drip drip negativity from the press & now our own Micah gets to people. Do they really think he would have taken Sergio & KDB off if we needed to win the game.

Peps tactics and team selection were bizarre last night, however the players need to shoulder the blame last night. They didn’t have their shooting boots on and were morphing into Wenger’s Arsenal, trying to walk the ball into the net.

Peps tactics and team selection were bizarre last night, however the players need to shoulder the blame last night. They didn’t have their shooting boots on and were morphing into Wenger’s Arsenal, trying to walk the ball into the net.
Having just watched pep post match press conference he explains perfectly well why he choose the team he did, injuries and United's ability to counter attack, so imo he was spot on, united created very little in a match they had to go for, so job done and on to Wembley

Why were the tactics and selection bizarre? They had one shot IIRC. The issue for me is what you allude to in that we were profligate up front and not for the first time

Cant agree with this. Thought he got the tactics spot on, limited United to 2 shots in 2 games. Unfortunately for us and this is a trend not a one off, we don't take the chances we should from what we create and often seem to concede to the oppositions first shot on goal. That needs to change fast!!

I am torn, I didn't like the formation last night or the players he picked but we did have 3/4 chances which we should have scored and they scored a one in 10 shot from a defensive midfielder. Was almost the perfect game plan, but it seems we are saying this a lot.

I don't really know what more Pep can do, I remember seeing an interview with Henry and he said that Pep would tlel them at barca that I will get the ball in good positions for you but after that you need to score, I can't do it for you.

I am concerned about our lack of goals from midfield and Sterlings form falling off a cliff.

It wasn't the team selection for me, it was the players not doing their job properly. The sheer number of misplaced passes last night, often when under no real pressure, was like watching city back in old times. Not what you expect from players of this quality.
That said Sterling is clearly off his game recently and Cancello just isn't convincing enough at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.