Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team selection and tactics were really good. We created great chances and didn't concede any good chances. Why ask for more from the manager? We are the most prolific side in Europe and had a bad day at the office wrt finishing.

I think it's pointless to draw conclusions from this game about our chances in the CL. Chances are we won't be so wasteful against Madrid.

The upside of his fucking off and many on here not giving a shit will be hopefully they also fuck off.

My guess is we will lose the majority of them and their pearls of wisdom overnight.

Cant agree with this. Thought he got the tactics spot on, limited United to 2 shots in 2 games. Unfortunately for us and this is a trend not a one off, we don't take the chances we should from what we create and often seem to concede to the oppositions first shot on goal. That needs to change fast!!
We could and should have been 4 up after 20 mins.

Peo is not the problem.

Some of the players are regularly not performing at the level they should be.

Add the really bad luck with injuries as well - last night losing your two most consistent defensive players being a casevin point

Pep looks miles away from doing it in Europe.

3 seasons in the Champions League,during that time having the best City side to grace the Premier League in the last 10 years.

I would argue all 3 Champions League campaigns he was the main reason we did not progress further.

Season 1 we went to Monaco with a healthy home leg advantage and capitulated.Pep refused to change his style,yet we neither defended,or attacked that night.The players looked confused for most that match.

Season 2 Liverpool away,again we played to Liverpool strengths,wtf was he thinking in that match,God only knows.Return leg was a valiant effort by us,we had too much to do.

Last season i think Pep fucked up not playing KDB,was arrogant.I felt we should have have been Champions of Europe last season.That was our season.

Pep is a good manager when he can buy the best players and steam roll a domestic League by out scoring the opposition.

I will be forever grateful for all the success he has delivered.

I dont see him delivering the Champions League though.He simply does not have the tactical aptitude to negotiate tight games with near equals.He refuses to be pragmatic,when it calls for pragmatism.

A good manager Yes,a City legend yes.

A man to deliver the Champions League i dont think so.

Hope he proves me wrong.

While that is a completely valid way of looking at it, you can't exclude the big moments of really shitty luck, and margins that went against us. a tiny bit of fortune working for us rather than against us, two of those years end up very very different.

Who knows, this year might be different, even with the team currently playing worse (note it is not worse) than those two seasons, we might have the chance at it. I've beleived we can win this a few seasons now, and i will keep doing it.

Team selection and tactics were really good. We created great chances and didn't concede any good chances. Why ask for more from the manager? We are the most prolific side in Europe and had a bad day at the office wrt finishing.

I think it's pointless to draw conclusions from this game about our chances in the CL. Chances are we won't be so wasteful against Madrid.

Agree. Slightly strange playing an attacking RB as LCB of 3 but we were pretty solid.

Was the formation 3 2 4 1

I think partly the problem is so many people deify him and bang on about his 'genius'. That's why I think he needs to prove himself with these crazy changes of formation that have hurt us in the Champions League (and now the Prem this season) the past few seasons in comparison to the countless trophies we've won by playing a pretty settled system/side.

When he doesn't change anytging, it's a case of 'teams have susses us out, he needs to show he has more as a manager'. when he does change it, he's fucking about.

Ultimately, we miss way too many nlooduly chances, whether he changes it up or not. And we concede more than we did before. Fix the first one, whether by working sharpening up on finishing or signing people that can finish, and it reallh won't matter whether we stick or twist.

With five minutes left to play tonight he takes off KDB & Kun. What if they’d nicked another and it went to pens? Absolutely stupid piss poor management. Genius? Give me a break. And don’t get me started that no matter how shite Sterling plays he will never take his little pet off. Let’s see how he yet again tinkers with the team and formation for the next game, whilst Klopp sticks with the same and marches on. Go figure.

Yep.. what-ifs and football make good bedfellows

(zero sarcasm in that btw, having just made two points myself about what-ifs, in the other direction)

He will never be loved by us like Mancini and bitching about empty seats when we are not all millionaires and blowing smoke up the rags arses constantly will have him on a par with Manuel Audrey Roberts soon.
GXobzeM-_400x400.jpg
Speak for yourself you crank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.