Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Frustrating game to watch. I felt we played well, dominated (apart from a few loose balls) and created plenty of chances. If we have Aguero instead of Foden in the False 9, we win 2-0 minimum.

My main critique is we play too cute in the box sometimes. Too many players seem to want to pass it or walk into the back of the net instead of just taking the shot. This is what I most love about KDB. He sees a chance and just cracks it.

But still, 1 point in the bag in one of our trickier games left.

We're still in the driver's seat here.

Probably get pelters for this, and it's probably not the appropriate time, thread, or comment to make right now, but seeing what's been happening in Ukraine over the last 2 weeks puts a draw away at Palace, and a game of football into perspective. We all desperately wanted City to win tonight, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. City/we go again away to Burnley in 2 Weeks time. Sadly by then 100's, maybe 1000's of people will die in the Ukraine.

That was hugely disappointing, not because we didn’t play well or create chances. We did just refused to take them.

I love Bernardo, his touch is phenomenal and his energy sets us going but the reason why he doesn’t feature for the Ballon D’or is matches like tonight, we needed goals and he wasted our best chances.

Cancelo, great shot aside, was dire, most of Palace’s best counters came from poor passes from him.

Walker defensively did well but his determination to get one on one with Mitchell meant wasting good positions and having the Palace full back get the better of him.

In early January I was convinced we’d win the league as we manage to control most matches. As far as Liverpool was concerned I saw them as far too open. However we’ve controlled a few matches without winning whereas they’ve won matches with no control.

If they win at Arsenal I’d have them as slight favourites only due to their momentum.

It’s funny matches against Palace have proved pivotal this season. Liverpool played badly got lucky but won 3-1 and set themselves off on a great run. We played well but crucially didn’t take our chances and handed Liverpool a huge boost.

We’re far from done but we probably need to win all 9 remaining games. After tonight none of our away games look easy. We need to rediscover a clinical ruthless streak fast.

Probably get pelters for this, and it's probably not the appropriate time, thread, or comment to make right now, but seeing what's been happening in Ukraine over the last 2 weeks puts a draw away at Palace, and a game of football into perspective. We all desperately wanted City to win tonight, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. City/we go again away to Burnley in 2 Weeks time. Sadly by then 100's, maybe 1000's of people will die in the Ukraine.
My vibe too.

I base it on us having the best record in the league. On being champions 3 times in 4 years. We’re off top form at the moment but we almost always come good during the run in during these close title races. We just have to get through the Liverpool game being in first place. If we do that, then I have no doubt we’ll win it.
There are so many 'ifs' mate, if we didn't draw with Southampton, if we didn't collapse against Tottenham, if tonight. etc.....just saying, I am trying to be optimistic, I might be too much into patterns and repetitions and predictions that might be my professional aberration, but right now I am very pessimistic for the rest of the season.

Another night where seemingly good chances aren't put away. Not the performance of title winners. Play poorly and take the three points is what champions in errantly do! Ah well, roll on the women on Wednesday! (That last phrase is metaphorical!)
I'm going Wednesday too, gives me something to look forward too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.