Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Does that mean we can't point out that our manager who moans about not having 5 substitutions doesnt make big ones in a game needing something?

Hate to admit it, but we do look just as likely to blow having it in our hands as we do actually controlling it. Since January, when we won the league, the longest winning run we have managed, is two games in a row. We are so aloof about it, keep saying liverpool will drop points too, but they are yet to do so, and the momentum is currently very much in their favour, and the pressure is building on us, not on them. Once they are a point behind, coming to our place, it will really test what the guys, and Pep, are made of. Could do with Arsenal getting something, just to take the sting out if it.
Did you read my subsequent post?

No I didnt "Scream" for a change tonight, I trust Pep knows what he is doing "on the basis that previous seasons he has done ok"
I dont know if there are lurking rags & dippers on the matchday forum but some of the comments last night about Pep & the team were just embarrassing & any true city fan making some of those comments needs to have a serious head wobble.
Fair enough on your part, but to not try and shake the team up, fresh legs giving palace something else to think about etc, was a mistake I believe.

Some shit shows this evening against a very modest quality Palace side…..couldn’t score a goal against that utter crap defence in 2 games is quite an achievement.
Cancelo needs a rest, appalling 2nd half performance, pinging crosses miles over the heads of our players left right and centre, giving the ball away as well....this guy is horribly inconsistent
Poor from Rodri too, barely made a forward pass and left passes short all evening
Two sitters missed from Bernado.
After all Mahrez’s talk this week, turns in his worst performance for ages.
Foden’s touch was off tonight.
Handing the initiative to Liverpool with some rank mediocre performances in the last couple of months, veering from superb to mediocre on a weekly basis at the moment.
Shout out to the the usual happy clappers in the match day thread.
I'll not be watching Arsenal v Liverpool later this week.
Foden should not be playing false 9 and Gundo should have come on for Rodri who could have quite easily been sent off. He got frustrated and lost his temper.

The last 15 minutes were grim. Lots of players totally losing their heads and wasting 'our' time to try to win it and the passing was atrocious. A glimmer of a plus point was that Palace didn't score from the defensive shambles near the end when Ederson could have been lobbed.

An uplift in form is required if we are to retain the title as too many players just aren't at it right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.